Newbie: Commander Mode??

Status
Not open for further replies.
espn said:
I didn't. Read your sentence earlier you wrote - Wasn't it implying that one don't need to read a manual unless one OWNS the product?

Yes, why do I have to read the manual of a product I don't own just to find out some information?

espn said:
Download the PDF manual, do a search and you'll see.

I did, it didn't mention anything about wireless flash usage.

espn said:
Yeah, so what's wrong with RTFM?

If it's for a product I already own, then there's nothing wrong. The D50 manual does NOT address infusia's questions at all.

reflecx said:
Yes, why do I have to read the manual of a product I don't own just to find out some information?
Yeah, so you're implying just ask around lor, don't need to read, and expect to be fed with answers when reading the manual will give you the answers. :rolleyes:

reflecx said:
I did, it didn't mention anything about wireless flash usage.
So the page on wireless flash available for D50 about SB600/SB800 is for fake?

reflecx said:
If it's for a product I already own, then there's nothing wrong. The D50 manual does NOT address infusia's questions at all.
Sometimes answers can be derived from understanding certain issues, one doesn't need to be up straight to the point to understand something.

reflecx said:
Why bother to post such replies? :kok:

RTFM cannot answer certain questions like why the SB-600 might not be suitable for the D50.

reflecx:kok:

reading up more doesn't kill u.

espn said:
Yeah, so you're implying just ask around lor, don't need to read, and expect to be fed with answers when reading the manual will give you the answers. :rolleyes:

So the page on wireless flash available for D50 about SB600/SB800 is for fake?

Can you tell me which page in the D50 talks about wireless flash usage? Reading the D50 manual doesn't tell me a single thing about it. I have specific issue with you saying RTFM when the manual won't give me what I need to know. I have no issue with asking around, searching the web, or searching this forum.

reflecx said:
Can you tell me which page in the D50 talks about wireless flash usage? Reading the D50 manual doesn't tell me a single thing about it. I have specific issue with you saying RTFM when the manual won't give me what I need to know. I have no issue with asking around, searching the web, or searching this forum.
Page 110

pg109 of the D50 manual states:
"when used with speedlights such as the SB600 or SB800, the D50 supports Creative Lighting System (CLS)"

the built-in flash prolly cannot function as the commander, but with a SB800, it definitely can function as the commander.

HTH

Page 112 also mentions creative lighting system and tells you to refer to the flash manual

never under estimate the power of RTFM

oh sh1t... all bros... dun "quarrel" like dat leh...
ok i've read and i didn't know CLS was refering to the commander mode

and on page 1 i think my reply somehow means " i know the answers to my questions"

sorry to stir this alittle...
*peace bros*

infusia said:
oh sh1t... all bros... dun "quarrel" like dat leh...
ok i've read and i didn't know CLS was refering to the commander mode

and on page 1 i think my reply somehow means " i know the answers to my questions"

sorry to stir this alittle...
*peace bros*
Don't worry.. if we're quarreling, it'd have been page what? 9 or 10 by now.

markccm said:
pg109 of the D50 manual states:
"when used with speedlights such as the SB600 or SB800, the D50 supports Creative Lighting System (CLS)"

the built-in flash prolly cannot function as the commander, but with a SB800, it definitely can function as the commander.

What you quoted from page 109 does not tell me anything about wireless flash usage. What is CLS? Manual doesn't explain it.

Even your second paragraph, you said "the built-in flash PROLLY cannot function as the commander". Why prolly? Because the manual does not state it.

ortega said:
Page 112 also mentions creative lighting system and tells you to refer to the flash manual

Assuming you know what "creative lighting system" means, and what it does.

reflecx said:
What you quoted from page 109 does not tell me anything about wireless flash usage. What is CLS? Manual doesn't explain it.
RTFM for Flash.

reflecx said:
Even your second paragraph, you said "the built-in flash PROLLY cannot function as the commander". Why prolly? Because the manual does not state it.
That's what I'm trying to say earlier, you learn to decipher and arrive at conclusions derived otherwise unknown. Can't expect a spoon always. :rolleyes:

reflecx said:
Assuming you know what "creative lighting system" means, and what it does.
So if you don't then that's a good time to RTFM for flash, internet, isn't it?

Need a spoon for EVERYTHING? :rolleyes:

ortega said:

All I see is (Advanced Wireless Lighting) under the SB-800 and SB-600 columns. Doesn't describe anything about wireless usage to me. How does it in anyway answer infusia's questions? In fact, it might even confuse D50 users into thinking that they can get SB-600 and use it for wireless flash.

reflecx said:
All I see is (Advanced Wireless Lighting) under the SB-800 and SB-600 columns. Doesn't describe anything about wireless usage to me. How does it in anyway answer infusia's questions? In fact, it might even confuse D50 users into thinking that they can get SB-600 and use it for wireless flash.
You are reading a Camera manual or Flash manual? You expect a camera manual to explain about flash usage?

ortega said:

as above you need to read and it tells you to refer to the flash manual
Do you need me to refer to the Flash manual and quote pages as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.