Not open for further replies.

Blitz

Jan 18, 2002
Singapore
www.blitzstorm.com
Taken with Oly C2040Z Auto mode as usual :D

P1010040.JPG

P1010041.JPG

wah seh... got use ur new tripod ar? hehehe..

Originally posted by Blitz

Hee yeah all taken with tripod :)

Make that a good habit. Always on the tripod.

The fishes still looks blur. Ideally, you should freeze swimming fishes by shooting at shutter priority with at least 1/250 sec onwards. You can compromise on DOF since it doesn't need much DOF to shoot the fishes swimming on water surface because the composition itself has very shallow DOF.

Originally posted by iiioloiii

The fishes still looks blur. Ideally, you should freeze swimming fishes by shooting at shutter priority with at least 1/250 sec onwards. You can compromise on DOF since it doesn't need much DOF to shoot the fishes swimming on water surface because the composition itself has very shallow DOF.

Hi iiioloiii

Thanks for the comment.

What is DOF btw? Thanks!

I'm sorry. DOF is my abbreviation for "Depth of field".

Hi Blitz,

Using a polarizer for the fish shots might help to eliminate the reflection from the water and make the fishes to have better contrast. :)

Originally posted by ziploc
Hi Blitz,

Using a polarizer for the fish shots might help to eliminate the reflection from the water and make the fishes to have better contrast. :)

Another good pointer. I'm gladl there are lots of experienced photographers spending there time here to give pointers to the needy.

Originally posted by iiioloiii

Hi iiioloiii,

So I will need to decrease the Aperture in order to reduce the DOF?

Sorry quite new to manual controls :)

Thanks!

Hi Blitz,

Thanks ziploc.

I heard from Kevin about polarizer as well. How about normal day shots etc... does a polarizer helps in anyway?

Thanks ziploc.

I heard from Kevin about polarizer as well. How about normal day shots etc... does a polarizer helps in anyway?

Hi Blitz,

Yup, in day shots polarizer will also help to reduce glares and reflections from glass, and make the sky looks bluer. :)

Hi Blitz,

Yup, in day shots polarizer will also help to reduce glares and reflections from glass, and make the sky looks bluer. :)

Wa this is nice, I like blue skies! :D

Thanks!

Hi iiioloiii,
So I will need to decrease the Aperture in order to reduce the DOF?
Sorry quite new to manual controls :)
Thanks!
Blitz, I think what iiioloiii meant is setting the shutter speed to 1/250 manually not the aperture. You let the DC to decide what aperture for you and this auto aperture setting will compromise your DOF. Check out page 84 of the PDF manual.

Cheers--
:)

Originally posted by Kevin

Blitz, I think what iiioloiii meant is setting the shutter speed to 1/250 manually not the aperture. You let the DC to decide what aperture for you and this auto aperture setting will compromise your DOF. Check out page 84 of the PDF manual.

Cheers--
:)

I see I see.... thanks!

Pai seh ah iiioloiii cos I'm still very new to this manual photography stuff :)

Will try it soon again :D

Status
Not open for further replies.