newbie camera help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ETboy

Aug 11, 2004
hi all.. newbie here.. wanted to get a camera wonder if u guys can help me out...

i was deciding on buying nikon coolpix8700 and canon proshot pro1 which i should i get...?

thanks in advance! :)

do you really need that 8megapixel ??

cos this 2 camera is not cheap ... can get a DSLR with that price

what is your requirement for a digicam ?

btw if choose with this 2 model only i will go for Pro1 as it got 28mm wide

latmo said:
do you really need that 8megapixel ??

cos this 2 camera is not cheap ... can get a DSLR with that price

what is your requirement for a digicam ?

btw if choose with this 2 model only i will go for Pro1 as it got 28mm wide

hmm.. no idea... coz i saw the promotions on the papers... hmm.. i got no idea which and wad kind of camera should i get.... DSLR a bit too advance for me... which should u recommand me to get? well i'm new to photography u see..

erm ........
then i dun think you will want to get pro1 or 8700 ..... not saying they are not good but really expensive for newbie lor ... :nono:
a $600 dollars Canon A80 will be good for newbie or even a $500 A75
save your money for a DSLR next time if you really going into photography

oh...ok.. coz i using canon ixus.. tats my sister 1.. thinking of getting myself 1 camera tat is good.. :p i got the passion of becoming a photographer u see. :D

Hi,
why dont u try the minolta Z3? it gives u the feel of zooming in at pictures, like taking pictures of birds. its around $750.

go get a camera that have AV,TV and Manual Mode
i have this few suggestion
- Canon A75 ($500) cheap and good
- Canon A80 ($600) <-- what i am using you can go to my album to view some sample shot http://www.fotop.net/latmo
- Minolta Z3 ($700) 12x optical zoom
- Canon S60 (around $1000) 28mm wide
- Minolta A1 (around $1000) SLR-like 28mm wide
- Nikon 5400 (around $1000) 28mm wide
cheap does not mean bad and expensive does not mean good sometime
i suggest you just spend on the model less than $1000 and have some semi-manual mode/manual mode for newbie
cos i really dun think it is worth to get those 8 megapixel camera now since the price is like a DSLR but DSLR have much lower noise level than a p&s cam

hi :) ,
since ur sis oready hv a canon ixus. why dun u get other brand? Olympus C-770 Ultra zoom 4.0 Megapixel 10x Optical zoom, MPEG4(30fps) movie with sound...etc

i'm li happy with my Olympus C-750uz. :)

nices pictures u hv, latmo. but yr fire works need too be a litte darker. too bright in the centre. what F stops did u use?

but XD memory card is really really expensive ...
i think only get those camera with CF or SD card better to be CF card if you are planning to go into DSLR then you dun need to buy the memory card again

f8 is good, try 1sec tis time or -2 exposesure . should work for u. too bad i shot in film cant show it too u . but they turn out very nice. i be going to shot tis sunday, with my photos. if ur goin , maybe i can show it to u?

hey thanks guys !! u guys sure help me alot. think i might go for minolta.. 1 of it..A1 or Z3.. :) ;) thanks guys !

hi,
Etboy, if yr gona get one before weekend, go try taking fireworks. but pls also buy a TRIPOD. u gona need one ,trust me .no joke.

GENO said:
hi,
Etboy, if yr gona get one before weekend, go try taking fireworks. but pls also buy a TRIPOD. u gona need one ,trust me .no joke.
ya i knw haha... but i dunno if i'm going to get it b4 weekend u see.. coz the computer fair is coming end of august.. might get a good deal there...

latmo said:
go get a camera that have AV,TV and Manual Mode
i have this few suggestion
- Canon A75 ($500) cheap and good
- Canon A80 ($600) <-- what i am using you can go to my album to view some sample shot http://www.fotop.net/latmo
- Minolta Z3 ($700) 12x optical zoom
- Canon S60 (around $1000) 28mm wide
- Minolta A1 (around $1000) SLR-like 28mm wide
- Nikon 5400 (around $1000) 28mm wide
cheap does not mean bad and expensive does not mean good sometime
i suggest you just spend on the model less than $1000 and have some semi-manual mode/manual mode for newbie
cos i really dun think it is worth to get those 8 megapixel camera now since the price is like a DSLR but DSLR have much lower noise level than a p&s cam

minolta A1 seems pretty good to me... how do u think ??

those selling at the computer fair only gives u extra things u might not wanta use later, wasting time if u ask me. A1 is VERY GOOD, at 5 M , it can do lots more than others out there. shop around check prices, only few shops are selling cheap here.

latmo said:
it is a very good cam with slr like zoom ring and focus ring
but i not sure if you can still find one cos minolta has stop producing it

oh.. u mean they stop producing the camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.