Newbie at Bird park

Oct 29, 2009
[url=http://gallery.clubsnap.com/showphoto.php/photo/183389/title/walkout-bird1/cat/500][/URL]

I was taking pics of other birds, I noticed this one but still I was concentrating on others. After some time, it walked out. I felt it walked out with a sorry face.

1. In what area is critique to be sought?
In terms of composition, lighting and to educate myself. (is there any other ways that I could express this bird walk out).

2. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
This was taken at BirdPark, it was about to rain.

3. What the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture?
I was taking pictures of other birds, When I saw this one turning around with a sad face.

I am newbie.,though I have a cam for long time. I hardly go out for photos.

Bokeh is bad, picture is blur and it looks really flat. Some color grading would make it look better.

gokulagiridaran said:
I was taking pics of other birds, I noticed this one but still I was concentrating on others. After some time, it walked out. I felt it walked out with a sorry face.

1. In what area is critique to be sought?
In terms of composition, lighting and to educate myself. (is there any other ways that I could express this bird walk out).

2. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
This was taken at BirdPark, it was about to rain.

3. What the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture?
I was taking pictures of other birds, When I saw this one turning around with a sad face.

I am newbie.,though I have a cam for long time. I hardly go out for photos.

Why not you take another try with birds facing you?

Look like you focus more on the bench then the bird.

Hi gokulagiridaran,

The composition of the bird in dead centre don't express it walking out. Suggest to apply Rule of the Third here and yes most of your photos are OOF

Just my 2 cents:)

Yeah true picture is blur and bokeh is terrible

Thank you all. I will work on it to improve myself. :)

IMG_295.jpg

Photo enlarged for TS. For easier viewing.

---

Once I see this, it's OOF. Obvious blur.
Front view would be better. A back view doesn't show anything about the bird.

Never mind about the bokeh and blur. Let's talk about the composition.

What is the purpose of this image, and why do you think it would be interesting?

It's a duck's behind. Something to keep in mind is that *most* of the time, even for animals, eye contact can be very important to retain interest.

All technical jargons aside, the subject is not interesting at all. You should try capturing the face or movements of such animal! :)

Try cropping the picture to see the effect in another perspective. :D