wolfgang.clubsnap.org
Reflections.....
Picture%20156cropped.jpg

Reflections Parte Deux

Picture%20153cropped.jpg

Last of the 3.

Kindly comment.

Thanks.

PS: Tweek, do they still look soft or out of focus to you? I can't honestly seem to tell.... :)

If the settings are required, i'll gladly post them...

Cheers. :)

1st one looks soft, the 2nd pic is the sharpest of the 3. Very nice with the blue sky behind :) Last pic also looks a bit soft to me....

I'm also learning too so hope u dun mind my vague comments..... :D

Originally posted by Blitz
1st one looks soft, the 2nd pic is the sharpest of the 3. Very nice with the blue sky behind :) Last pic also looks a bit soft to me....

I'm also learning too so hope u dun mind my vague comments..... :D

Of course i do not mind.... :)

Now, i'm not too sure but i am getting worried abt my cam.

I don't seem to understand what everyone means by soft... Now i'm just waiting for the next gathering for a fellow C700Uz user to enlighten me or tell me if there is somethign actually wrong with my cam.... :(

Originally posted by Wolfgang

Of course i do not mind.... :)

Now, i'm not too sure but i am getting worried abt my cam.

I don't seem to understand what everyone means by soft... Now i'm just waiting for the next gathering for a fellow C700Uz user to enlighten me or tell me if there is somethign actually wrong with my cam.... :(

I'm also facing the same problem with my pics too. I think it's me and not the cam (which I hope so! :D ) Really wish can join with some Oly users for some photo taking trip to learn some tips too.....

I'm also facing the same problem with my pics too. I think it's me and not the cam (which I hope so! :D ) Really wish can join with some Oly users for some photo taking trip to learn some tips too.....

Well, lets just wait together i guess. :)

Hi Wolfgang, these shots are visibly sharper! Without that much of the softness now....so it's probably not because of any fault with your camera I guess. Also maybe because these shots were taken with a tripod.

Guess why I know they were taken with a tripod (at least the reflection one)? I saw you taking the shots along orchard. :D You look very young!

Looks sharp to me~

One thing... while shooting reflections, I find that it usually gets kind of soft, likely due to the propertis of the reflecting material... ANd sometimes there's problem with focusing... For example your last pic. The reflecting building has all these lines on the surface, the camera will focus on these instead... remember, the distance to the flected subject IS NOT the distance to the reflecting surface.

Originally posted by Tweek

Guess why I know they were taken with a tripod (at least the reflection one)? I saw you taking the shots along orchard. :D You look very young!

LOL.... Now you have the advantage of me. :) Well, next time you see, me, come up to me and say hi. :) I don't bite. ;)

And as for my age.. i'm actually in my 20s already.. ;)

Hi Wolfgang, these shots are visibly sharper! Without that much of the softness now....so it's probably not because of any fault with your camera I guess. Also maybe because these shots were taken with a tripod.

Tweek, ur force so strong ah, can even detect that guy is Wolfgang :D

But all of my shots have always been taken with a tripod. :)

Anyway, maybe it's because i set my contrast and sharpness's settings to high? :)

Tweek, ur force so strong ah, can even detect that guy is Wolfgang :D

haha no lah, I was just walking along orchard when I saw this guy with his c700uz mounted on a tripod, trying to take reflections of the glass panel of a building. Several people walked by and stopped for him but he waved for them to pass. And I also realised, that this c700uz did not have the lens adaptor on. I was thinking, maybe that night, I will see some building reflection shots in clubsnap.

Sure enough, Wolfgang posted these shots, and I remember that he hasn't bought the lens adaptor for the c700uz yet, so 90% chance that the person I saw was him. :)

Wolfgang, these shots are pretty sharp already, I think it's the camera's sharpening. Next time try normal sharpening and contrast in the camera, but apply some unsharp mask in photoshop. That should sharpen the pic nicely.

haha no lah, I was just walking along orchard when I saw this guy with his c700uz mounted on a tripod, trying to take reflections of the glass panel of a building. Several people walked by and stopped for him but he waved for them to pass. And I also realised, that this c700uz did not have the lens adaptor on. I was thinking, maybe that night, I will see some building reflection shots in clubsnap.

Sure enough, Wolfgang posted these shots, and I remember that he hasn't bought the lens adaptor for the c700uz yet, so 90% chance that the person I saw was him. :)

Wolfgang, these shots are pretty sharp already, I think it's the camera's sharpening. Next time try normal sharpening and contrast in the camera, but apply some unsharp mask in photoshop. That should sharpen the pic nicely.

Thank you for the advice. :)

Any news when you guys are arranging for an outing? :)

So the force strong...it is....

And when will outing. ..we go?? :D

Sidetrack a bit, u guys must definately watch Episode 2, it's way better than Episode 1 :)

So the force strong...it is....

And when will outing. ..we go?? :D

Sidetrack a bit, u guys must definately watch Episode 2, it's way better than Episode 1 :)

You watched already?!

As for outing, i sure go if it's within the next 3 weeks.. but i need to know in advance to take leave....

Originally posted by Wolfgang

You watched already?!

As for outing, i sure go if it's within the next 3 weeks.. but i need to know in advance to take leave....

Yep watched already :D

Same here, I'm working shift too :(

Status
Not open for further replies.