Newbie alert! Please rescue!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bogakster

Apr 27, 2008
I just bought a holga lunatic pack thru this site; http://www.lomography.com/holga/packages/holga-lunatic-pack. And just when I'm starting to indulge in my new found hobby, i realized something is terribly wrong. (or that's just what I thought) Anyway, the package included a ring and a strobe flash, but the thing is, the actual camera doesn't have a hotshoe. So how the heck could I be able to use those lights with this unit? Even the sync socket is non-existing! Please pardon my ignorance. Help! Help! Would really appreciate it.

impossible

all holgas have hotshoes, to my knowledge anyways; exception seems to be the models with F.. for flash.. built-inflash anyways

which model is yours?

It doesn't really have one. I got a Holga 120CFN. The weird thing is, why would they (the online store) include those accessories in the package, such as a ring flash and a strobe flash with a hotshoe mount, that are not compatible with the unit??

It doesn't really have one. I got a Holga 120CFN. The weird thing is, why would they (the online store) include those accessories in the package, such as a ring flash and a strobe flash with a hotshoe mount, that are not compatible with the unit??

it has a built-in flash? then it will not have a hot shoe.. :(

see quote:
Holga 120CFN : It has been added a interesting features basic on the Holga 120FN. “C” is stands for “color”, so Holga 120CFN has a internal “Color” flash. It’s 4 different color filter in front of the flash, they are red, blue, yellow and original (no color/white). You can use it to take special effect photo. You can decide to turn it on or off like Holga 120FN too. It doesn’t have a hot shoe too. Except the color flash and the hot shoe, all other features are same as Holga 120N.

as to why and how.. gotta ask them. why not? :)

well, on the bright side, you can always get a 120n. :) it's the cheapest of the lot.

Actually, I already did. Still has no reply from them. I just don't understand how could they overlooked such incompatibilit.. It's so frustrating.:thumbsd:

Hi bogakster,

The Ringflash you can still use because it has a slave function. In this case, you mount onto your Holga's lens, then just fire as normal. Your Holga's built-in flash will fire, but the flash that will expose your film will be from the Ringflash, not the built-in flash.

As for the Holgon Strobe Flash... haha! I don't have that but the lomography.com doesn't seem to suggest any slave function on that. That one u gotta ask lomography.com... haha! Or you can sell... OR, you could use it on any other camera you have that's got a hotshoe. Think strobe is cool. Haha!

Anyway, email the staff and ask lor... but I doubt you'll get a refund or what since it's all shown in the package, and as night86mare pointed out, they DID state that the CFN doesn't have a hotshoe. AND the website also said that the Holgon would have to fired seperately. =)

Guys thanks for the time and effort. I really appreciate it. Maybe buying that package was still a blessing. Eventhough I cant use the strobe flash with the CFN, now i have a flash for my nikon d80!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.