newbie 1st buy: Sony A350 vs Canon 450D vs D60

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatpiglet

May 14, 2007
toa Payoh
Intending to get my first DSLR, after some research... i have short listed the above 3 models..

but i am more pro towards, A350 or 450D. anyone can share which will make a better buy...

All are good, depends more on your priority and which camera feels better to you. Personally felt, Sony had the technology (best live view implementation, as such will operate closer to a compact) while canon has better noise control. and D60 give very vibrant colour and good white balance. Please take note of the lens and flash that you would be interest later on instead of just focusing on the body. You will find that the lens can buy you a few body. :)

I will go with 450D, I have hold this cam yesterday... 3" lcd screen is nice... it's like a small 40D a bit.

I would go for the 450D too. Here is a few reasons why:
- 9 point AF
- Widest range of lenses
- Highest continuous shooting speed (3.5fps vs 2.5fps(A350) vs 3fps(D60))
- Biggest LCD at 3"
- Better resale value
- CMOS sensor vs CCD in the other 2

But i am quite impressed by A350 too.. haha..

if i am getting 450D, when do u think is a good time to get? the next IT show? or the bargain city deal($1500 with dry cab)

if i am getting 450D, when do u think is a good time to get? the next IT show? or the bargain city deal($1500 with dry cab)

I was playing with the A350 last night and was very impressed by it's performance too. Now I'm itching to see if I can afford another cam. Do check out MS Color, I think they will have a good deal. ;)

Get it from shops like John 3:16, Cathay Photo, MS Colour all those. They sell the cameras ever cheaper that bargaincity and all those IT/PC shows.

Go with your heart.. and stick with it, Can say the three camera are all good... and can take excellent pictures. Worse is listen to others.. then regret. If may own decision and regret.. still can live with.

Also.. as mentioned here... look at lenses and flash support.. this is important as buying a SLR is buying a system.. and some lenes.. one can buy u two bodies. :sweat:

Go with your heart.. and stick with it, Can say the three camera are all good... and can take excellent pictures. Worse is listen to others.. then regret. If may own decision and regret.. still can live with.

Also.. as mentioned here... look at lenses and flash support.. this is important as buying a SLR is buying a system.. and some lenes.. one can buy u two bodies. :sweat:

If he goes with his heart then he wouldnt ask the people here for advice right ? :)

of these 3, I woudl go for the A350 myself.

1)TILTING LCD!!!!
2) SAME AF performance with Live view , or viewfinder!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.