new zoto gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.
frankly speaking. i've looked at ur gallery. theres lots of OOF images. OOF / Soft it may be, you will need to practice more shooting and learn about composition and cropping, lighting and etc etc...

i see potential and interest. but u need to shoot more to improve. OOF / Softness can be corrected with proper camera handling....

overall comments. shoot more and learn in the process. good effort though. ;)

thanks for the fast response. i didnt realise they were soft even though someone pointed out before. i didnt sharpen all the photos cos i think they look natural this way. i used a manual camera for more than 10 years n not used to all the post processing.

softness is very common.

are you using PnS or DSLR ?

yes. i was with flim for like 8 years. almost jumped into MFormat before i joined CS. but in the end jumped into the DSLR bandwagon and maybe will join back MFormat in the next 3years.

the digital post-processing learning curve is very very great.. till now. 4years into the digital imaging trend. i am still learning thou....

i still like slides and bNw flim better... :bsmilie: .. but too bad. no more velvia 50... :cry:

i m using 350d for the past 1 yr. before that i was using d70 for 6 months. before that i was using konica kd500z. I find the nikon default output oversharpened. i print mostly 4r using my dye-sub printer so it looks ok for me. i sometimes print a4 size using my inkjet printer.

i think u should practice more on PS or handling ?

since using DSLR, there should be lots of things u can do with it... i dunno for ur 350D,

but if its a nikon and a d70, and its suffering from backfocus or soft lens, send it back to service centre and hantam them la...

for nikon d70 to fully utilise its kit lens, many choose to +1 in sharpening in the camera, and do further sharpening in PS. :confused:

could it be due to resizing in zoto or the monitor? cos when i print it on paper it looks sharp enough for me so i dont bother to sharpen.

thanks for the encouragement.

Status
Not open for further replies.