New Zealand photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

senhwei

Hi everyone !

I'm a new user to this forum but it looks like you guys have a lot of fun here checking out each other's photos ! :)

Here's a photo I took on my recent trip to New Zealand. If any of you haven't been to NZ, I recommend it strongly. Especially, if you are interested in landscape photography. The scenery in NZ's South Island is unbelievable.

This is a photo of the Pancake Rocks at a town called Punakaiki.

126-2627_IMG.jpg

If you are interested in my other photos from NZ, please drop by : http://nz2002.has.it

cheers,

Sen Hwei

hmm, i tot the rock was done up in ps with the wind effect but on closer look, its natural! Nice pic.

Hi Kyle,

The only post-processing I did with PS was to add my "logo" :) and to down-sample from the original 1600x1200 to the current 640x480.

Thanks for your comments though !

Sen Hwei

Hi Kit,

I agree, the logo needs to be smaller.

Given the ease of which content on the web can be "borrowed", it'd be a risky proposition to lose the logo all together.

Sen Hwei

Hi senhwei,

Welcome to the club! Some great shots you got there! Good composition, especially the 2nd one. :thumbsup:

What is the exposure value for this shot?? Looks very post card.. keep it up :)

Originally posted by senhwei
Here's another photo - this is one of the Moeraki Boulders.

128-2885_IMG.jpg

My first impression of C720 was that it is not suitable for landscape shot becos of its "not so wide angle" lens... you prove me wrong!!

Originally posted by jimtong
What is the exposure value for this shot?? Looks very post card.. keep it up :)

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your compliments ! Hmm... not too sure what a C720 is but the camera I used is a simple point and click - the Canon Powershot S100 (or the Digital IXUS as it's known in APAC).

Here's a dump of the metadata associated with that image :

File Name
128-2885_IMG.JPG

Camera Model Name
Canon PowerShot S100

Shooting Date/Time
29/03/2002 6:09:11 AM

Shooting Mode
Manual

Tv( Shutter Speed )
1/250

Av( Aperture Value )

Metering Mode
Center-weighted averaging

Exposure Compensation

Digital Zoom
None

Image Size
1600x1200

Image Quality
Fine

Flash
Off

White Balance
Cloudy

Active AF Points
[ Center ]

Parameters
Contrast Normal
Sharpness Normal
Color saturation Normal

File Size
626KB

Serial Number
128-2885

Drive Mode
Single-frame shooting

Owner's Name
Christopher Sen Hwei CHAN

cheers,

senhwei

Here's another photo - this is one of the Moeraki Boulders.

128-2885_IMG.jpg

Nice.... By the way, were you in water or on top of the rock when you took this shot?

Jas -

That's a very good question ! :)

I was standing on the water's edge, on the beach to line up this shot. Half-way through the shot, the tide came in and I ended up ankle deep in the water !

Mooks85 -

If you're interested in my other NZ photos, there're all on my website :

http://nz2002.has.it

All photos were taken using my Canon Powershot S100 (Digital IXUS) -> love this camera !

cheers,

senhwei

Jas -

That's a very good question ! :)

I was standing on the water's edge, on the beach to line up this shot. Half-way through the shot, the tide came in and I ended up ankle deep in the water !

Mooks85 -

If you're interested in my other NZ photos, there're all on my website :

http://nz2002.has.it

All photos were taken using my Canon Powershot S100 (Digital IXUS) -> love this camera !

cheers,

senhwei

From where the picture was taken, I would expect you to be in a 'sticky' situation and I was right! :)

Yes, have seen your other pictures when your thread first started. I must say NZ is a paradise on earth, will visit one day!

Any recommendation for nature/landscape photography ?

A very nice picture...
seems like its hard to find this kind of places around..:thumbsup:

For landscape photographers - I thoroughly recommend New Zealand's South Island. Absolutely breath-taking scenery !

For those of us who are accustomed to living in urban centres, the South Island is a very refreshing change and photography opportunities are endless.

Very nice images. Gives me the calming effect. Well done. :) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I am looking forward for my trip there next feb. Booked from chan brothers a month ago for S$2088 10 days south island tour (I think it is a good deal).

:)

Hope to capture many good pictures :D :D :D

Will you be part of a tour group or are you doing a self-tour ? I'd recommend hiring a car and just driving around yourself. You will have much more flexibility, especially if you are a keen photographer. The usual principles apply - get up early to take advantage of the softer lighter.

It will be a fantastic trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.