New Zealand Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneofakind

Oct 2, 2006
Hey ppl, will be going to newzealand (north island), auckland and areas, in mid-nov. does anybody have any idea where has good scenery for taking photos in north island? thx alot!

Actually if you have the money, go down to South Island. South Island is where the scenery really is.

Auckland have nothing much to see though, u can drive to Waitomo Caves to see the glow worms or Rotorua to see the geothermal activities(aka liitle yellow stone park). Cannot say that North island totally no scenery. I would say it's a different theme. :)

Agreed , south Island is where the scenary is ...... Lake Tekapo , Lake Te Anau , Reflection Lake ....... so missed New Zealand :cry:

hahaha... been there a few years back, so now going to explore north island. Heard that cape reigna is a very beautiful place, especially for photography. Could anybody confirm this?

Hey ppl, will be going to newzealand (north island), auckland and areas, in mid-nov. does anybody have any idea where has good scenery for taking photos in north island? thx alot!

I went all the way right to the northern tip of North Island... the area is called Northland... doesn't seem to be a very publicised area... but that's where it's even more appealing to me... very nice drive up from Auckland... you could drive along the 90-mile beach, and visit the northern-most lighthouse, Cape Reinga... that's the place where the Mauris believe that their spirits will leave the mainland when they die... it's a beautiful place to see the Tasman Sea and the Pacific Ocean meet... can even see the different shades of colours from the two oceans merge.

The official website for Northland is http://www.northland.co.nz/Northland.cfm

Photos I took are HERE.

Cheers :)

Hi Jia Wang,

thx alot for the useful links. your pictures were amazing! Anyway, think I will most probably make a trip up to cape reinga. Will post the pics here after I get back!

Cheers ;)

I went all the way right to the northern tip of North Island... the area is called Northland... doesn't seem to be a very publicised area... but that's where it's even more appealing to me... very nice drive up from Auckland... you could drive along the 90-mile beach, and visit the northern-most lighthouse, Cape Reinga... that's the place where the Mauris believe that their spirits will leave the mainland when they die... it's a beautiful place to see the Tasman Sea and the Pacific Ocean meet... can even see the different shades of colours from the two oceans merge.

The official website for Northland is http://www.northland.co.nz/Northland.cfm

Photos I took are HERE.

Cheers :)

Hi Jia Wang,

thx alot for the useful links. your pictures were amazing! Anyway, think I will most probably make a trip up to cape reinga. Will post the pics here after I get back!

Cheers ;)

Hey cool... I'm sure you'll enjoy your trip there... Drive safe... :)

I'm like only 14? :sweat: My dad will do all the driving :bsmilie: thx anyway!

Hey cool... I'm sure you'll enjoy your trip there... Drive safe... :)

You can go up north. it's call bay of island. you can swim with dolphin.
try go to takapuna suburb of north auckland. just 15-20 mins over the harbour bridge.
or u can take the ferry from downtown auckland. if you have spare cash, you can hire a yatch just below the harbour bridge.
Mission Bay is also quite nice. it's just like east coast. try to go right at the end of mission bay.

If you go down to wellington, you will pass the area call the "dessert", the scenery is very nice during winter time. Then you can go up to mount ruapehu or whakapapa. probably you still see some snow at the peak.

Try to visit those small town like napier, palmerston north where you can see nice small little town with some historical buildings. while you are at those town, try visit their local information center, which is very useful.

hope you enjoy the trip

thx alot for the wonderful info, D_Orcale! ;)

You can go up north. it's call bay of island. you can swim with dolphin.
try go to takapuna suburb of north auckland. just 15-20 mins over the harbour bridge.
or u can take the ferry from downtown auckland. if you have spare cash, you can hire a yatch just below the harbour bridge.
Mission Bay is also quite nice. it's just like east coast. try to go right at the end of mission bay.

If you go down to wellington, you will pass the area call the "dessert", the scenery is very nice during winter time. Then you can go up to mount ruapehu or whakapapa. probably you still see some snow at the peak.

Try to visit those small town like napier, palmerston north where you can see nice small little town with some historical buildings. while you are at those town, try visit their local information center, which is very useful.

hope you enjoy the trip

Status
Not open for further replies.