New Way To Clean your Sensor - Anyone tried ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
very interesting.. i'll buy a lighter and try it out on the scotch tape thingy first.. if it's true then I'll try on my lenses... that'll be next weekend..

OMG... The Milty Vinyl Cleaner!!

LOL..

yanyewkay said:
very interesting.. i'll buy a lighter and try it out on the scotch tape thingy first.. if it's true then I'll try on my lenses... that'll be next weekend..

Please tell the details of your trial :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :D

lui002 said:
Ionizer to help remove sensor dust :-

http://fovea.perso.cegetel.net/IonizerE.htm

I have exactly the same lighter when I was in sec school 14 years ago... two of us brought it to school to zap our friends and each other :bsmilie:

It works like a tazer when you remove the metal around the head ! ! ! ;)

Very fun wan...

arampan said:
I have exactly the same lighter when I was in sec school 14 years ago... two of us brought it to school to zap our friends and each other :bsmilie:

It works like a tazer when you remove the metal around the head ! ! ! ;)

Very fun wan...

Zap each other and remove dust from each other.

I would like to try this method! :)

yanyewkay said:

Is it next weekend yet? I would also like to know how it went! :)

I wonder if this will work with those air ionisers (ie, OASIS brand)....

it's weekend and i just bought myself the "spark maker' thingy for lighting up stoves. :D the current one in my kitchen is just tooo.. erm.. :bsmilie: soaked up with peanut oil. hopefully can have some results for you guys tomrorow morning.

okie.. i just did a "scotch tape" test.. and i felt like an idiot firing the spark gun without a spark at the tape.... if what I saw was right.. the tape seem to stick to my figer even more.. I might have gotten the polarity wrong.. will do another test with the other end fo the wire to be thorough.

i just reversed the wires.. and even zapped myself with it to make sure there's connection.. MAN!! THERE SURE WAS!! i otta be in jackass some day... and you guys otta try it too.. it's good way to keep yourself awake at this hour..

anyway.. the scoth tape test was kinda promising.. the scotch tape didn't really stick much to my hand :think: so I went on to try on my filters.. but the dust didn't really fall off like stated in the site..

anyway, the one mentioned in the website is an more expensive version of the spark thingy.. with 1 squeeze of the grips.. it rapid fires many many bursts of sparks.. what I bought was.. 1 squeeze 1 spark..
single shot $3.8
rapid fire $12

anyone wants to do the test on with a $12 one?

i'll zap you with it tomorrow... can see the spark fly from the needle to the finger some more... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

simply place a piece of scoth magic tape on the ccd surface of the ccd and pull it off. you will have a clean ccd.

jopel said:
simply place a piece of scoth magic tape on the ccd surface of the ccd and pull it off. you will have a clean ccd.
Have you tried it on your camera ?

lui002 said:

OT a little.... I tried it and it works.... hehehe tried it with scotch Magic tape made by 3M the matte kind... But again I dare to experiement with that is because when i bought my camera, I also bought a 1 year extended replacement warrenty(heard its real good.... they even replaced scratched CDCs for free) :bsmilie: But again, that is not my usual cleaning method... I find the copper hill method best of all.

lui002 said:
almost 3 years liao

got pics as tutorial? i find it quite hard to work within the limited constraints of the shutterbox..

Status
Not open for further replies.