New ver Nikon Capture 4.1.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Dennis, will upgrade my copy tonight :)

Dennis said:
Already downloaded, if you need it I can burn into a CD for you.

Its ok.. office network very fast.. hehe.. already updated all my office PC's.. hehe..

It seems to be a little faster then the old one.. also teh Advanced Raw functions seem to work better..

Wah, I downloaded but have not tested. NC only available in my home PC.
Hopefully they fix some of the gliches that I sometimes have.

gadrian said:
Its ok.. office network very fast.. hehe.. already updated all my office PC's.. hehe..

It seems to be a little faster then the old one.. also teh Advanced Raw functions seem to work better..

From the website:

What is new/Content Description
There are numerous feature additions and improvements to this new version of Nikon Capture.

• Image files now open faster in the Nikon Capture Editor when using Windows XP and Windows 2000.
  • The following infrequent problems, with the 'Use Save Progress Window' option in the Preferences dialog, have been corrected.
    • When Batch processing was performed with 'NEF (Nikon Electronic Image Format)' selected for 'Save as type' and 'Lossless' selected for compression type in the Batch dialog, images were sometimes saved with no compression applied.
    • When exiting Nikon Capture Editor with unsaved images still open the 'Save changes before closing' confirmation dialog was displayed, however images were not saved even when the 'Yes' button was clicked.
    • When adjusting image resolution using the Size/Resolution palette with 'Keep my crop' selected, the image display ratio (zoom ratio) was sometimes vastly increased. This problem has been corrected.
  • When Keywords or Captions was edited, this sometimes prevented the image from being opened in third party image-management applications, this problem has been corrected.

I hope there are some decent speed improvements with file opening (why is C1 so much faster than NC?) and also good to see they fixed the bug with compression not being applied during batch processing.

Saw Cathay's arrive and having tons of it yesterday.
Maybe can check with them.

First_Saint said:
I just joined the Nikon family.... Nee to know where to buy the siftware. Many thanks... :D

Hi, any one with error "Error Code: -5002 : 0x2" while installing on win XP SP1a? Now I can`t even unistall NC. Sucks :cry:

Urm, nope... try uninstalling and use the regsweeper within to clean the registry before trying again.

Dennis said:
Saw Cathay's arrive and having tons of it yesterday.
Maybe can check with them.

How much is the Nikon capture 4 software?
Is it worth to have the software? :think:

bip916 said:
Is it worth to have the software? :think:

It is very useful if you are taking a lot of pictures in RAW format.

Status
Not open for further replies.