New user- Need coaching

bolehbokeh

Aug 24, 2010
Jurong
I m new with dslr, recently bought a canon 550d. I am looking for basic coaching / field shooting. I do not mind semi pros or even experienced amateurs... I have a budget :)
I can only make weekdays from 1000 to 1700. Anyone interested pls PM me.
Thks.

u dun need to pay anyone to teach u how to shoot.

just join the outings if u can make it and learn.

agree with skylover, some many tips and tutorial online.... easily found if u google away,

save the money man, if u still insists check out with canon think they do have workshops for their users, but i might be wrong, or else just sign-up for any outing in CS, most of the seniors or guides are quite helpful....

agree with skylover, some many tips and tutorial online.... easily found if u google away,

save the money man, if u still insists check out with canon think they do have workshops for their users, but i might be wrong, or else just sign-up for any outing in CS, most of the seniors or guides are quite helpful....

lolx.. u flatter me.. hahha..

TS anyway, you don't need any lesson to learn the basic. Read through all the things that I have given you. And join some of the outing to know where your interest lies in.
Mostly its categories into "Land/City-scapes and Travel", "Macros", "Reportage and Sport", "Portraits and Poses", "Street and Candids" and "Nature". Ones you know which area you are interested in then you can further go in dept into that area. Its an expensive hobby so i guess you think carefully which area you are more interested in as it affects which equipment you will need for the area. :devil:

I m new with dslr, recently bought a canon 550d. I am looking for basic coaching / field shooting. I do not mind semi pros or even experienced amateurs... I have a budget :)
I can only make weekdays from 1000 to 1700. Anyone interested pls PM me.
Thks.

You should look at the workshops/tutorial/classes subforum. There are many classes offered there.

If you want to pay for 1 on 1 coaching, you can ask around. I am also available.

wah buy camera already still wanna pay money for coaching..

just save the $$... nowadays, buy HDB mafan, dunno what 70% blah blah blah..

haha.. okok..

just read up and join outings... shoot in ur free time and experiment.. the tips given in this forum will be enough to fill you for quite awhile le..

Thanks for all the advise. I kind of knows the basic a little, but the output is not unto my expectation. That why I need more coaching.. Some theory would helps...tq

Thanks for all the advise. I kind of knows the basic a little, but the output is not unto my expectation. That why I need more coaching.. Some theory would helps...tq

I suggest you join some of the outing to learn both theory and practical lesson. Unless you find that the outing is still not enough then like what DD123 and the rest mention you could attend lesson after that. I felt outing is more of a fun way to learn lesson at the same time allows you to know what is your interest in.

Skylower, totally agreed wit you.. But I do travel abit, and I usually not free on weekends. And I am kind of shy to join any outing yet, dunno much ...so I wanted to brush up my basic knowledge and I wanted to learn as much as I can..hehehehehehe.

Skylower, totally agreed wit you.. But I do travel abit, and I usually not free on weekends. And I am kind of shy to join any outing yet, dunno much ...so I wanted to brush up my basic knowledge and I wanted to learn as much as I can..hehehehehehe.

haha.. no need to be shy... those who join the outings are first timer..

its not an issue if you do not have the basic knowledge.. The guides will always be willing to guide you and impact whatever knowledge to you. Of course best is if you could read up first and ask question when you are at the outing thus in return, not only you are learning in a way, others also get to learn from it too. Who knows somebody in the group who are better in the area of the question maybe sharing their knowledge with the guides and everybody else including you.

We are all sharing our knowledge and experience. Nobody will say you are new or what. Everybody started off same like you. I understand how you felt. So just step up and join in. There are outing that is conducted in the weekdays its not just weekends. :lovegrin:

At some outings I have organized before, I have had totally virgin newbies. But what is good about outings? They learn to see not from just one perspective (teacher/mentor/guide) but also from other members (network learning).

Even without theoretical background on photography, you need to be patient at such outings ... unless there are more than a few seniors around who could be assigned to guide you.

Don't be afraid about such outings. You are just depriving yourself from meeting other like-minded people, who are just as shy, but has taken the initiative to come out of the shell.

:)

Cheers!

EDIT: Trust me, I started the same way.

Last edited:
U may start to read the manual and try to shoot ... anything also can be shooted as your object for testing.

And since it's canon, and if new set, i believe canon still have "free basic training".

You may read the links that skylover provide ... most importantly is the basic camera and composition. :)

oops forgot to say : Just remember, not because it is DSLR , so you need to put "M" or manual mode. Try understand Av and Tv mode also.

Last edited:
Hi welcome to CS!!
Shoot more, Post more, Ask more and you will Learn more!!:thumbsup:
Happy shooting!!;)

Welcome to CS .. . :)

i am free during the time stated . . . i don't mind sharing but strictly no need $$ . . . cos i am still learning every minutes, every seconds . . .

Shoot more cos digital is FREE !!!

PM me if you are interested.