nEw to Raynox-DCR 250 with FZ7

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinGx

Jan 8, 2007
West-side
Hi all!!

I'm a new FZ7 user. I jus bought my RayNox DCR-250 from Jim ytd. it was cool. can magnify things v clearly at a v near distance. but one qns in mind, i dun seem to be able to get a steady pic when i take it without tripod. why huh? thn lidat if i wan to take insects in the park how? use a tripod? sumone pls give me sum suggestion... =(

Would appreciate ur advice GREATLY!!! Thanks alot to all who can give me comments n advice!:)

Hi all!!

I'm a new FZ7 user. I jus bought my RayNox DCR-250 from Jim ytd. it was cool. can magnify things v clearly at a v near distance. but one qns in mind, i dun seem to be able to get a steady pic when i take it without tripod. why huh? thn lidat if i wan to take insects in the park how? use a tripod? sumone pls give me sum suggestion... =(

Would appreciate ur advice GREATLY!!! Thanks alot to all who can give me comments n advice!:)

You can do some tests yourself.

Set camera to full zoom, 12x and use shutter speed priority. Use speed like 1/60, 1/125, 1/160 or faster and take some shots handheld

After done, preview which shot has the slowest speed tt give sharp quality

Last time I used my Canon powershot pro90IS. With 10x zoom, my slowest speed 1/80sec but preferred speed is 1/160sec.

you'll need an external flash and fast shutter speed....

Hi,

Thanks for ur advice. but may i know where can i get an external flash for FZ7? cuz apparently many photo shops say tt my FZ7 cannot attach ani ext flash eh..so how?

:(:dunno:

You can do some tests yourself.

Set camera to full zoom, 12x and use shutter speed priority. Use speed like 1/60, 1/125, 1/160 or faster and take some shots handheld

After done, preview which shot has the slowest speed tt give sharp quality

Last time I used my Canon powershot pro90IS. With 10x zoom, my slowest speed 1/80sec but preferred speed is 1/160sec.

HI,

Thanks thanks !! i will definitely try it out n let u guys know the results. ani other impt pointers to take note when taking macro photos?

Thanks n regards,

Bingx! ;)

Thanks thanks !! i will definitely try it out n let u guys know the results. ani other impt pointers to take note when taking macro photos?
use small aperture for wider DOF. But with fast shutter speed, small aperture and low ISO, how to get good exposure ?

- under bright sunny day
- use ext. slave flash

Hi,

Thanks for ur advice. but may i know where can i get an external flash for FZ7? cuz apparently many photo shops say tt my FZ7 cannot attach ani ext flash eh..so how?

:(:dunno:
ask them for a slave or dummy flash... they should know what to do.

use small aperture for wider DOF. But with fast shutter speed, small aperture and low ISO, how to get good exposure ?

- under bright sunny day
- use ext. slave flash

u mean with fast shutter speed n small aperture with low ISO i must take either under bright sunnyday or use ext. slave flash? am i right to sae tt? hmmm..but qns is..where can i get a good slave flash? haf been looking n asking ard but no one could tell me where to buy.

i saw ur megaweb website. GREAT fotos u took ! :) i would like to take those macro fotos like u! can teach more?

btw, i jus bought this RAYNOX-DCR250 u noe abt this product? :rolleyes:

ask them for a slave or dummy flash... they should know what to do.

hi explorer Z,

which shop do u recommend to buy this slave flash. n usually how much would one cost? i jus bought the Raynox close up macro lens. so nw abit Broke ar..=s:confused: :(

u mean with fast shutter speed n small aperture with low ISO i must take either under bright sunnyday or use ext. slave flash? am i right to sae tt? hmmm..but qns is..where can i get a good slave flash? haf been looking n asking ard but no one could tell me where to buy.

i saw ur megaweb website. GREAT fotos u took ! :) i would like to take those macro fotos like u! can teach more?

btw, i jus bought this RAYNOX-DCR250 u noe abt this product? :rolleyes:
one of the most commonly used slave flash is Emoblitz DS328A... cost about $50+.

one of the most commonly used slave flash is Emoblitz DS328A... cost about $50+.

icic..thanks!! =)

i will ask ard the shops one dae. will tell u the results agn!

cheers,
bingx

Sorry I didn't reply your pm earlier, gald to see you got yourself one;)

Just something you should take note of when taking macro with FZ7. You will experience a black/underexposed screen when you set your shutter to >1/80 at 1/2 pressed (AF). It's a "bug" of FZ7, the screen will show the lighting condition when you take the shot without taking into consideration of the flash/ext. flash.

At low light area, I'll advise you to switch to manual focus mode. Zoom in to the distance you like, then focus it by moving the camera towards or away from the subject. Off the IS, because it'll cause a lag when you press down. The slightest movement will make the shot OOF, so that lag will be a problem.

When you use the emoblitz flash remember to switch to S2.

The settings I use is:
M mode
1/125 or 160
F8.0
ISO 80

Hope these info will help you:D

Sorry I didn't reply your pm earlier, gald to see you got yourself one;)

Just something you should take note of when taking macro with FZ7. You will experience a black/underexposed screen when you set your shutter to >1/80 at 1/2 pressed (AF). It's a "bug" of FZ7, the screen will show the lighting condition when you take the shot without taking into consideration of the flash/ext. flash.

At low light area, I'll advise you to switch to manual focus mode. Zoom in to the distance you like, then focus it by moving the camera towards or away from the subject. Off the IS, because it'll cause a lag when you press down. The slightest movement will make the shot OOF, so that lag will be a problem.

When you use the emoblitz flash remember to switch to S2.

The settings I use is:
M mode
1/125 or 160
F8.0
ISO 80

Hope these info will help you:D

Hi Lordsbm,

thanks!! ur advice's greatly appreciated by me!! =) haha..anw. can PM me fotos tt u took n a foto of ur camera set? hmmm..do u haf the ext flash for urself too? can let me see how it looks like anot? cuz i dunno how it works on FZ7 since it doesnt haf ani hot-shoe slot.

Thanks,
BingX:)

Hi Lordsbm,

thanks!! ur advice's greatly appreciated by me!! =) haha..anw. can PM me fotos tt u took n a foto of ur camera set? hmmm..do u haf the ext flash for urself too? can let me see how it looks like anot? cuz i dunno how it works on FZ7 since it doesnt haf ani hot-shoe slot.

Thanks,
BingX:)
slave flash doesn't have to be mounted on to camera hotshoe.. you can simple fire it using your camera flash as a trigger.

slave flash doesn't have to be mounted on to camera hotshoe.. you can simple fire it using your camera flash as a trigger.

Hi explorerZ,

Do u haf ani pictures or fotos showing how the slave flash tt u mention look like? can pm me the link? =) thanks alot!

IIRC the flash was used at this fashion show....

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=233202

sold the flash oredi...u can mount the flash on the cam hotshoe or using a straight bracket (as a slave flash)

icic..thanks! Great pictures there. at least for me i think the exposure is alright. i dunno abt others. if i can take such pics for nw i'm happy ald =)

Status
Not open for further replies.