New to product (jewel) fotography

Status
Not open for further replies.

GetMeEazy

Sep 22, 2005
Senkang
Hi Pro's

One of my frend requested me to to take few good pics on his jewellery,to market the same.
I've D70s, with kit and 70-300mm lens. Would like to have some ideas/suggestions on what settings I should use? As I don't have a (mini)studio set up with me, what other utilities(like silk cloths/color papers/flowers??) which can make use of to convert my pics to Good pics than better pics?

Also for Jewels, which background is suitable to make the jewel to look great?

Please advice.

Thanks in advance!

Get

ah ... you must faster go shopping centres and grab all the sale brochures from all the jewelry shops for some ideas ...

Place the jewels on black valvet or any light absorbing cloth.

Get some extension tubes, or better: a macro lens! Maybe borrow from a friend?

HS

majong paper with a nice ring pillow:)

You can have a look here for some ideas

http://www.ezcube.com/HowTo/

And the tip of the day: Most jewellery look good when lit from below, though I doubt you have a fluorescent panel to work with.

You can have a look here for some ideas

http://www.ezcube.com/HowTo/

And the tip of the day: Most jewellery look good when lit from below, though I doubt you have a fluorescent panel to work with.

Wow seems like a useful piece of equipment...

it's useful to prevent unwanted reflections and give a softer, more even lighting...

Can i know where to get the light tent in Singapore that is less than $100 ?

If you are using Nikon, Nikkor 60mm f/2.8 AFD Micro lens is a good investment.

It's working distance is a bit limited (+/- 7cm from the front of lens for 1:1). But, you don't need long working distance (ie.: for butterfly, dragonfly or spider). AFAIK, it is the cheapest Micro lens from Nikon, but very :thumbsup: . Very sharp :thumbsup: .

Regards,
Arto.

chseah said:
Can i know where to get the light tent in Singapore that is less than $100 ?

PPCP Light Tent.

Bought one from them... not bad... works quite well, now waiting for their lights to come in to SG.

Status
Not open for further replies.