New to photography

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikhailN

Apr 25, 2009
Hi I'm new to photography. Currently I own a Nikon D80 with a kit lens (18 - 200, f3.5-5.6...usual stuff) and am looking for ideas and places to shoot.

Hi I'm new to photography. Currently I own a Nikon D80 with a kit lens (18 - 200, f3.5-5.6...usual stuff) and am looking for ideas and places to shoot.
Hello and welcome to CS!

You can follow the link for some places to shoot in singapore
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4867602&postcount=89

and dude, please make sure to use the search function frequently.
whatever you are about to ask probably have been asked and answered.

shoot more, post more. :)

i'm new too.. just bought my canon 450d with 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 last 2 week.. i went to botanic garden last week for my 1st shooting.. very confusing of all settings... exposure compensation always my problem.. this week i will going to chinese garden for 2nd shoot..

Do read up some basics on exposure before doing some shooting, it helps alot.

Yup exposure, shutter and ISO / ASA. The great gods of photography. Actually what I'm looking for is some ideas for composition. Usually when I shoot the angles and subjects are quite 'stereotype', so I'm looking more for some good ideas and things to look for when I shoot

Check your library. They do have some great books about photography. Composition is a part of it, if not the most important part. Colours can be tweaked later, composition never.

Welcome,

Look up a book titled 'The Photographer's Eye' by Michael Freeman
It diccuss about composition and design for photography
I sincerely recommend the book. :thumbsup:

Daniel @;o)

thanks.. all

welcome to cs!
maybe all the newbies should shoot together one day!

Marie

Hi, I do agree with Marie too. Maybe a few newbies can meet up together to go for shoots. Guess having to have a few nice senior fellow photographers/forum mates here will be good too. So that we the newbies can learn from them. Hahaha.. guess we just have to continue to snap snap snap and still snap... ;)

i agree... practical better than go through the theory only...

My fren and I are heading for a shoot tomorrow from 4pm to 8pm at Cityhall area.

Newbie are welcome cos we are also newbie!

Interested party, can pm me.

Cheers
Fuji

sorry.. i can't join tomorrow.. i'm going to chinese garden.. try to meet up ur guys in next shooting.. do pm me for any event.. especially for newbie like me..

There are many meeting, outing, shoot-outs, gatherings, kopi sessions permanently discussed. Check Kopitiam section and other parts of the forum.

yeah!I agree but i hope it would be on sunday or monday so it will be my day off. I love to join.... ;)

Dear Marie,

I agree that all newbie should shoot together....hmm I also wonder will each of us get a senior attached as referrence on that day?

Dear Marie,

I agree that all newbie should shoot together....hmm I also wonder will each of us get a senior attached as referrence on that day?

Wah mentor??

Check your library. They do have some great books about photography. Composition is a part of it, if not the most important part. Colours can be tweaked later, composition never.

I would say, after getting to know the camera (ISO, Shutter. exposure compensation, metering....), the next important will be composition.

Status
Not open for further replies.