New to my FZ10

Status
Not open for further replies.

psx2sg

Mar 15, 2005
Tomato
Hi to all the 'old birds', Just brought my FZ10 and is fiddling on the equiptment, keenly needs lotsa advice.

Do post if there's any accessories good for purchase, or any 'cool' function that I can try out!

Thanks!

psx2sg said:
Hi to all the 'old birds', Just brought my FZ10 and is fiddling on the equiptment, keenly needs lotsa advice.

Do post if there's any accessories good for purchase, or any 'cool' function that I can try out!

Thanks!
Welcome onboard Pana ship, for a start, don't get anything first. Try to get use to the menu and all the button first. Use built in flash instead of buying an external flash for now. and finally..... SHOOT more and post here .. :bsmilie:

If you tend to save money on lens, try getting the adapter. Which you can find on the sticky thread which explain what is it.

The adapter allow you to step down from the 72mm(which is ur hood size) to 62mm or 58mm (depending which size you getting). By getting the filter like, UV filter, Circular Polariser, ND filter, etc... you tend to save a lot. The small the mm it is, the more you save. But you got to be careful with vignetting cause as well.

Most of us drop the size to 62mm. ;)

Try looking ard the thread and if you had any doubts, shoot qtn out. See what the others can help you along.

Have fun with ur camera.. :sweat: :angel:

get a circular polariser.
A UV filter is essential, protect your lens from scratches.
extra battery from EastGear, extra memory card lohz..
if you can, 1G at least.

try some night shots of course. with the mega OIS, notice
you shots is so much clearly and sharper..

just to add in another point, you have to know this is a prosumer camera and there are bound to have some limitation. Well, use and maximise what you camera can produce and shoot what your camera shoot. Errr, pratically everything. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

All I can say is, you guys are FANTASTIC!

But I'll need some time to know about some techie terms on photography as I'm quite new. like what josho mention about lens and bwilly talk about uv filter...oh BWiily, I LOVE NIGHT SHOTS!!

some question : why must we need UV filter? how much and where to get?
whats the diff bet the 2 mode of the MOIS in the camera? is there any panaroma feature in FZ10??

hey thanks again guys!!

psx2sg said:
All I can say is, you guys are FANTASTIC!

But I'll need some time to know about some techie terms on photography as I'm quite new. like what josho mention about lens and bwilly talk about uv filter...oh BWiily, I LOVE NIGHT SHOTS!!

some question : why must we need UV filter? how much and where to get?
whats the diff bet the 2 mode of the MOIS in the camera? is there any panaroma feature in FZ10??

hey thanks again guys!!

to protect the UV. hehe..
In fact, it act as a protection to ur LEICA len. You will rather the filter to get scratch then ur baby leica len, right? hehehe

one more questions, where can I go to get the best deal for all these accessories? AP?? Cathay Photos?

oh right, any of you guys here has a site on personl photo gallery please post also, I would love to see them.

u have to source the price ard...

for adapter. order from oversea. look out the thread.. JimDavis is doing it. Maybe you can try your luck. ;)

Here is the link for the buy and sell thread of the phayee adaptors. Some should be coming in soon

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=120214

Quite a few lumixians recently got a 'dark one' so a few letting go of their adaptors and TA and WA too. just go buy & sell and check.

Check out the site by Ching-Kuang Shene
http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/DigiCam/

learned quite a bit from there. can refer to the sticky too.

The teleconvertors and wide angle convertors of other makes and brands can be used if you have the correct thread size on the adaptor to mount them. Some work better then others, so just read and find out what people who have used them say.

btw panasonic one very expensive :cry:

Well at the end of the day shoot more ;) buy less

psx2sg said:
After looking at the post I realise that this camera can adapt to other accessories from other make, so does it means that its compatible?

I think u mean the wide or tele lens. Which is depending on the adapter tube u used. if original 72mm, your choice is lesser and more expensive. If switch to the 62mm, you have more choice of cheaper wide and Tele lens of size 62mm or 55mm.

see example of different lens with 55 & 62 mm step down ring/adapter below:
http://home.kimo.com.tw/monkey.banana./PanaFZ10P.htm

This is one of the charm of this prosumer cam which can help newbie to have a feel of DSLR without burning a big hole in the pocket.

however, it has its limitation - non-optical viewer, noisy ISO etc.....

psx2sg said:
After looking at the post I realise that this camera can adapt to other accessories from other make, so does it means that its compatible?

If you have time, come to the Coffee Bean @ SingPost Central (next to Paya Lebah MRT) tomorrow between 6.30pm and 7.30pm, and I will be able to show you those accessories that I brought in, as well as other things that I am using, inclusive of a Wide angle + Macro lens, various filters, external flash, etc.

PM me for my mobile phone number if you are interested to come, so that you can contact me and find me. :)

Hi JimDavis and fellow fluzi-ers,

just got my fz20 sunday from MS color. Excellent service.They did not have the black set when I went there but they sent it to my home that very night FOC. Was so HAPPY.

Jim woul dlove to meet you and others up to check out what acceesories to get but rally bz and would be flying off to europe on wed. SO that would be my testing area for the fz.

Any advise to take note? I have not bought any accessories. Not even the filter, batt or flash. Jus my extra sd cards are with me

JimDavis said:
If you have time, come to the Coffee Bean @ SingPost Central (next to Paya Lebah MRT) tomorrow between 6.30pm and 7.30pm, and I will be able to show you those accessories that I brought in, as well as other things that I am using, inclusive of a Wide angle + Macro lens, various filters, external flash, etc.

PM me for my mobile phone number if you are interested to come, so that you can contact me and find me. :)

chrispat said:
Hi JimDavis and fellow fluzi-ers,

just got my fz20 sunday from MS color. Excellent service.They did not have the black set when I went there but they sent it to my home that very night FOC. Was so HAPPY.

Jim woul dlove to meet you and others up to check out what acceesories to get but rally bz and would be flying off to europe on wed. SO that would be my testing area for the fz.

Any advise to take note? I have not bought any accessories. Not even the filter, batt or flash. Jus my extra sd cards are with me

depending on how long u will be in europe, u may need extra battery (cold weather use up battery very fast) and storage media to offload the images from the SD (eg. portable storage) . etc.

hey jim, thanks for the offer, will Definately call u if avaliable. U work there?

just to check, will u be selling these accessories also??

hmmmzz...

Must have
1) Phayee adaptor(62mm) / Raynox adaptor(52mm)
2) UV filter (Hoya multicoated more ex / Tokina cheaper alternative)
3) Circular Polariser
4) Extra battery (Eastgear / Digital (cheaper but relatively less shoots)
5) A new bag to carry the camera in (with the adaptor on the old bag is not friendly)
6) A new lens cap (Nikon centre grip caps 62mm cost around 10 -12)

Status
Not open for further replies.