Jan 16, 2012
Singapore
Which first flash i should get for canon 600d
low price n good de.

I am looking at Yongnuo , but which model is good for me to start with

top of the line as in best 1?
cost ? n model ?

Top of Line = best one lar...

I think the latest one in the market is yn 568ex mk ii.

There is another model (yn600ex rt) in the making.... but the release date is not confirmed.

I would suggest doing abit of research for the cost yourself.

YN 460-ii has got ettl flash metering. YN 565-ii has got all the bells and whistles for $60 more.

Just found out that for some reason YN flashes dont support the 5Dc and 1D cameras? Surprising and a bit disappointing.

YN 565/YN 568 all so cheap. One canon flash = 2 YN flashes

YN 460-ii has got ettl flash metering. YN 565-ii has got all the bells and whistles for $60 more.

YN460-II is full manual flash no ttl.It only has single pin on hotshoe.

http://speedlights.net/2010/06/01/yongnuo-yn-560-vs-yn-460-ii/

By richiemccaw1 :
Just found out that for some reason YN flashes don't support the 5Dc and 1D cameras? Surprising and a bit disappointing.

Please note that youngnu reversed engineered flash without blessing of canon or Nikon.
You can't expect they support every model and expect to pay peanuts.For your peace of mind
then pay canon what it wants.:)

Last edited:
If you need ettl then go for 568 mk1 or 2. If u are strobing using manual, 560 mk2/3 will do. 460 mk2 is good also but for the extra 20 or 30 more, I rather go for the 560 mk2 or 3.

YN460-II is full manual flash no ttl.It only has single pin on hotshoe.

http://speedlights.net/2010/06/01/yongnuo-yn-560-vs-yn-460-ii/

Please note that youngnu reversed engineered flash without blessing of canon or Nikon.
You can't expect they support every model and expect to pay peanuts.For your peace of mind
then pay canon what it wants.:)

Yeah man. Absolutely agree with this. I'd be happy to get a OEM flash if the third party ones dont meet my needs.

Yongnuo flash is so cheap already, just buy the top of the line one lar.

Gotta love this recommendation!

I'm always so amused when people are looking for items that are cheaper than cheap but want it to be better than good.

If I were looking for a flash unit from Yongnuo, I'd get their best model.

Gotta love this recommendation!

I'm always so amused when people are looking for items that are cheaper than cheap but want it to be better than good.

If I were looking for a flash unit from Yongnuo, I'd get their best model.

I see it differently. Nothing wrong with TS' s question. A YN580mk2 may be cheap compared to the Canon or Nikon equivalent. But if TS doesn't need ettl he/she can get two 560mk3 instead of a 580mk2. Also, what is "cheap" to one may not necessarily be so to another.

I see it differently. Nothing wrong with TS' s question. A YN580mk2 may be cheap compared to the Canon or Nikon equivalent. But if TS doesn't need ettl he/she can get two 560mk3 instead of a 580mk2. Also, what is "cheap" to one may not necessarily be so to another.

My statement isn't exactly a direct reference to TS's actions or query, although I am very amused at the question of "which Yongnuo to buy?", when they are essentially at rock bottom prices. My definition of rock bottom is anything that a week's work at Macdonald's can buy.

that depends on what TS want, if he intend to get a flash to do general flash photography, a dedicated flash is more suitable.

if he wants to do off camera flash photography, a few manual flash units will be more suitable.

Since he is new to flash photography and didn't mention he want to do strobist style, so my recommendation to him is just go ahead to get the top of the line model.

for general street use in the night / indoor lowlight condition.
one reason is the built in flash is not strong enough and doesnt have much control on it.

My statement isn't exactly a direct reference to TS's actions or query, although I am very amused at the question of "which Yongnuo to buy?", when they are essentially at rock bottom prices. My definition of rock bottom is anything that a week's work at Macdonald's can buy.

Even if something is at rock bottom pricing, I guess we can still be selective about which model to get? Just my own perspective.

that depends on what TS want, if he intend to get a flash to do general flash photography, a dedicated flash is more suitable.

if he wants to do off camera flash photography, a few manual flash units will be more suitable.

Since he is new to flash photography and didn't mention he want to do strobist style, so my recommendation to him is just go ahead to get the top of the line model.

Your assumption makes sense.

for general street use in the night / indoor lowlight condition.
one reason is the built in flash is not strong enough and doesnt have much control on it.

So basically, you want a more powerful flash that you have more control of.

Honestly, I haven't got much experience with Yongnuo at all, but if you wish to have more assistance from the dSLR (TTL metering functions etc.), I'd stick with the higher end models. Or just go for a Canon flash unit.

Even if something is at rock bottom pricing, I guess we can still be selective about which model to get? Just my own perspective.

I guess so. Perhaps one may wish to consider the size / weight and other attributes too.

So basically, you want a more powerful flash that you have more control of.

Honestly, I haven't got much experience with Yongnuo at all, but if you wish to have more assistance from the dSLR (TTL metering functions etc.), I'd stick with the higher end models. Or just go for a Canon flash unit.

canon flash pricing can buy 1 more news lens leh haha