new to flash photography.. what flash?

momohiki

Jan 12, 2010
I'm looking to get myself into flash photography and have been looking around and kinda got attracted by the tumax range of flash.

Cheapest start from $100 and goes to $200.

Anyone used it before? What are your thoughts of it?

I'm looking to get myself into flash photography and have been looking around and kinda got attracted by the tumax range of flash.

Cheapest start from $100 and goes to $200.

Anyone used it before? What are your thoughts of it?
I use Tumax flash. So far so good. Good color balance & performed to my expectations ;)

I saw a Tumax model on mass sale section...around 110..which I thot was rather good...but personally I have only tried Nikon and Nissin which are both very good and powerful..and also some manual strobes...

Was using a Tumax 386, powerful but seems to slightly overexpose on TTL hence using manual instead.

Change to SB600 for the high sync speed to use during the day as tumax does not work as it sync only till 1/200 shutter speed on my D90.commander mode is fun too though have not really taken pictures with the flash yet.

maybe u can consider nissin flash, its pretty famous and good. and also must cheaper then original brands plus dont forget nissin is i think easy to resell too : )

For budget of 200, I will recommend a Nissin Di422. If you have a budget of 400, go for a Nissin Di866. Very powerful flash.

Up the budget and get a DECENT Nikon SB-600 flash. You'll find that the colours and controls are so much better.

No more guesswork and leess corrections.

hmm if u r keen in some really cheap and good flash, i mean really good flash which in on par with original brands in terms of specs, u may drop me a pm to discuss. no obligations.

Better to get the flash from the same company as your camera, to prevent synch issue

for 3rd party flashes, test them out first. generally they're fine like nissin etc. or drop me a pm for a full demo coz i'm using 3rd party too. i've lobang too.

Last edited:
for 3rd party flashes, test them out first. generally they're fine like nissin etc. or drop me a pm for a full demo coz i'm using 3rd party too. i've lobang too.

better not to troll the newbies threads and advertise your "lobang".... CS has a category of member called "advertiser", and they pay $$ to advertise on CS.
What you're doing is sort of advertising, am I right?

better not to troll the newbies threads and advertise your "lobang".... CS has a category of member called "advertiser", and they pay $$ to advertise on CS.

Agree with you.Kenny888,why don't we discuss about your 'lobang' during this Sat's outing?;)

hi, in a way kinna, but i dont literally sell them. hmm ok i let them know in pvt.