New to CS

n1kon

Jan 3, 2011
Singapore
Hello all, I am new to ClubSNAP. Lots of views and personal experiences being shared in the forums - great for picking up new skills & ideas. Please continue sharing your views :) :thumbsup:
Have been a Nikon user all this while - I have a D80 + AFS 18-200mm VR1 + AF 50mm f1.8d. At some point hope to be able to "upgrade" to the D7000 :bsmilie:.

Hi and welcome to cs.
you will probably do quite well with the D80 and it will serve you well.

Welcome to CS :)
D7000 is :thumbsup: but D80 is also :thumbsup: :)

Welcome to CS:) I'm using D80 too, planning the same upgrade as you:bsmilie:

Thanks for all your welcome messages. Two things (among many other good thing) that I like about the D80 is the body size, not to heavy but able to deliver good performance, and the ease of the control buttons. Of course progress continues in the form of other models (like the D7000) but using the D80 at the Botanic Garden recently reminded me how much I enjoyed this DSLR.
I must admit my thoughts of upgrading to D7000 is pretty much a "desire" rather than "a must" :).

Welcome to CS... :D

Thanks for all your welcome messages. Two things (among many other good thing) that I like about the D80 is the body size, not to heavy but able to deliver good performance, and the ease of the control buttons. Of course progress continues in the form of other models (like the D7000) but using the D80 at the Botanic Garden recently reminded me how much I enjoyed this DSLR.
I must admit my thoughts of upgrading to D7000 is pretty much a "desire" rather than "a must" :).

since you feel this way, get more/better lens and upgrade the body later would be a better choice ;)

n1kon said:

Understand what you're saying :)
A lot of the things we buy nowadays are more from want instead of need. Nothing wrong with that, imho, if you can afford it :) It would be bad to overstretch yourself for something unnecessary.
Hope you get your D7k soon. Great cam! ;)

Welcome:)

Welcome :) there'll always be something better, newer. Remember, see what your gears can do for you. Improve that eye for the shot, no matter what eq you hold, it'll be extraordinary!

Welcome :) there'll always be something better, newer. Remember, see what your gears can do for you. Improve that eye for the shot, no matter what eq you hold, it'll be extraordinary!

good reminder..it's not the kit but the person that makes a difference