New terrorist's weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomshen

Feb 20, 2002
Singapore
tomshen_040207_025.jpg

I like the subject but I think you might be able to get a better shot if you had a tighter crop or shot from the sides close to the muzzle.

This place is near Harbour Front. Somewhere outside the new Canon main office. Am I right? :D

i just rode past them just now. was wondering where are they pointing at.

Anyway, this are not any big guns. It's just those powerful water hose used by those fire-fighter boats. Did you also saw a light-house nearby(without the rest of the base)? ;p

Luval said:
where did you find this 3 metal gun...

powerderful man

alamak... these are WATER HOSES... not cannons (pun intended) :D :p :blah:

I saw such cannons when visiting an Singapore Fire Service's exhibition some time ago. I was told that they are used for fighting fires at eg. oil refineries where oil are stored in hugh storage terminals of height about 60 to 80 metres. Such fires are fierce and extremely hot. Even firemen wearing silvery(in colour) fire retardant outfits and special masks to wear over their face (to protect their eyes looking at the fires), they cannot get close to the fire nor wise to do so in case of simultaneous explosions. Such ultra-high pressure water cannons are used. They can be mounted on boats to fight fires on hugh LGP carriers or tankers by drawing water from the sea.

Status
Not open for further replies.