new tennis + basketball shots

Status
Not open for further replies.

trlnlty

Mar 22, 2005
hey everyone... shot tennis for the first time today.. not easy and didnt really have anyone to guide me.. so i went with the general rule of thumb with tight cropping with the ball in the shot...

shot with sigma 120-300 f2.8 and 85mm 1.8, i just got my 20D but now i want a 1D mk2 :bsmilie:

IMG_2837.jpg

IMG_2854.jpg

IMG_2903.jpg

IMG_2961.jpg

IMG_2985.jpg

IMG_3021.jpg

comments? :)

this was my 2nd basketball game ... my first for mens tho ... i must say that the action moves way faster then the woman's game..

IMG_2681.jpg

IMG_2684.jpg

IMG_2690.jpg

IMG_2739.jpg

IMG_2741.jpg

get closer shots of tennis if you can. your basketball shots feel odd; they seem to have a consistent lot of empty space.

i love these shots~! especially basketball shots~! cos i'm fans of basketball... but i feel odd with the last 2 shots... maybe the timing not right...

oTaRu said:
i love these shots~! especially basketball shots~! cos i'm fans of basketball... but i feel odd with the last 2 shots... maybe the timing not right...

yea .. i find its easier to shoot bball cuz i used to playthe game for more then 10 years ...

hi do u use AF or manual focus when you took the pictures? from the pics it seems that the players are moving very very fast... will the camera be able to focus in time? or was the focus done manually? thanks for sharing :)

I think for the 2nd last picture, if you had left out the rim and backboard and filled the frame with the basketballer, it would have been excellent.

I especially like the 1st picture. Thanks for sharing.

actionman said:
hi do u use AF or manual focus when you took the pictures? from the pics it seems that the players are moving very very fast... will the camera be able to focus in time? or was the focus done manually? thanks for sharing :)

all subject was tracked with ai-servo.

tennis shots were taken at 1/2000 @2.8 iso 400 i think

basketball shots were at 1/500 @2.8 iso 800

thanks for sharing the setting.
hope to see more works from u!

yeah, i was going to comment on the severe purple fringing in the tennis shots. Also, try and go closer. Too much space. Do a search on wimbledon (same forum category) and check out jed's shots from last year's game at sw19. I think its fair to say he is the pro around here.

where is that basketball games helding? how you are able to get a spot that near? those shots are good.

Status
Not open for further replies.