New tech - 4x better than CCD or CMOS

not only is it better but theyve also given it a mega-awesome name...

"nice camera cmos sensor?"

"IS THIS MADNESS THIS IS QUANTUM FILLLLMMMM!"

ahah

So what does this mean? Ultra-high low light capabilities without flash?

HOLY MAMA

if this technology becomes commercialize
and becomes stable enough

we'll see another revolution in photography equipment
similar to the film to digital one

film to digital? i think its just an improvement in the sensor albeit a huge one. dont think theyll develop new lenses and the likes just because of that

Hoping it would make CCD/CMOS sensors with better/higher ISO..... but with most Camera Maker already spending large amount of $$$$ on their own sensor.... would they be willing to spend even more $$$$ now to buy the rights to this new sensor ?? :think:

QuantumFilm is ideal for a wide range of image-sensing technologies including security cameras, automotive cameras and military applications. The first QuantumFilm image sensors, targeting high-end mobile handsets and smartphones, will sample in Q4 of 2010.

Which means there is something why it is not used in photographic cameras, video systems .. all those systems that require colour accuracy?

Hoping it would make CCD/CMOS sensors with better/higher ISO..... but with most Camera Maker already spending large amount of $$$$ on their own sensor.... would they be willing to spend even more $$$$ now to buy the rights to this new sensor ?? :think:

unless they are forced to :
  • Compact cameras with such sensor being able to take pictures with IQ similar or winning DSLRs
i bet the 50% of the consumers out there won't even know what is CMOS and CCD,
(or at in my social circle) so picture needs to speak louder than works to "force" the camera companies into this new type of sensor

hmmmmmmmm, why would this new sensor need new lenses btw??
they can always make the sensors similarly sized as the current sensors

or am i wrong :think:

oh my goodness can u imagine camera phones with interchangeable lens????????

maybe dry run, the big boys not enticed yet.
Sensor so good, the glass on mobile phone will be too limiting..
lets see how it turns out eventually.

ryan

do they even use glass on mobile phone cameras? :bsmilie:

some nokia phones have carl zesis lens