New Stuff for CP+- 645D (2014); Q tele macro lens, etc

pinholecam

Staff member
Jul 23, 2007
http://news.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/rim_info/2014/20140206_004691.html

Seems like CP+ is not going to be a silent time for Pentax.

645D (2014) (Name yet to me announced or 2014 version?? )
1_645D_2014_1.jpg

645 Wide Zoom
2_645_WideZoom.jpg

Q tele macro
3_Q_TELEPHOTOMACRO.jpg

Slide copier
4_duplicator.jpg

645D (2014), I can't afford, but is certainly a good 'ego booster' for Pentaxians :D

I am certainly VERY interested in the Q tele macro and slide copier

The slide copper interests me the most! :D When is CP+?

http://news.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/rim_info/2014/20140206_004691.html

Seems like CP+ is not going to be a silent time for Pentax.

645D (2014) (Name yet to me announced or 2014 version?? )

645 Wide Zoom

Q tele macro

Slide copier

645D (2014), I can't afford, but is certainly a good 'ego booster' for Pentaxians :D

I am certainly VERY interested in the Q tele macro and slide copier

Slide copier can do 135,645 and 67 slide film?? :)

Finally something new from Ricoh/Pentax. But I guess many of us were hoping a bit more ... (FF? :D)

Wonder how wide is the wide zoom.

Hope that someday I can try out 645D.. The pictures from the camera are undoubtedly very poisonous. And of course, it's always cool to be shooting with a different base format (4:3 compared to 3:2).

Wonder how wide is the wide zoom.

Hope that someday I can try out 645D.. The pictures from the camera are undoubtedly very poisonous. And of course, it's always cool to be shooting with a different base format (4:3 compared to 3:2).

Buy from Japan, 2nd hand, about S$8K-$9K will settle you with everything.
Camera, 55/2.8, A35/2.8; 150/2.8
The quality of their 2nd hand is 'like new'
Price will be lower now that the new camera is to be announced within days.

I passed on buying it last Jul during my trip there though.
Did not make sense for me to chase my kids around taking snaps at 40MB per file :D

Buy from Japan, 2nd hand, about S$8K-$9K will settle you with everything.
Camera, 55/2.8, A35/2.8; 150/2.8
The quality of their 2nd hand is 'like new'
Price will be lower now that the new camera is to be announced within days.
I'd probably pair it with the 25mm F/4 and nothing else. :p

That'd raise that figure quite a bit, I expect. And the weight of my camera bag. :bsmilie: So it's probably just talk. :(

Wahhh....almost wanted to deal a da* lens....hold back now and wait....lolxx...

Oh great.....if price right sure buy :)

Unless you have the 645D or FF or else I don't see the point to use it on the current APSC camera useless just copy part of it.:dunno:

Unless you have the 645D or FF or else I don't see the point to use it on the current APSC camera useless just copy part of it.:dunno:

:):):):):)

True that.. Unless of course it's for user to shoot cropped or at 1:2..

If it is MUCH cheaper than a used V700, why not? But if it's priced >s$150, I'd find it strange as to which crowd are they aiming at.. :/

I think the idea is to digitize the negatives, unless one has a 645D as shown in the Ricoh photo for even higher quality reproduction.

I have used my K5 and K30 to digitize my negatives.
That would mean FF > APS-C, but since the original image was on 35mm format, the digital camera is only digitizing the original image with its FOV, bokeh, etc.
On our 16mp cameras, its already a very good reproduction (I was using a macro lens)

In fact, this was so good that I junked my Canon 9000 scanner and just used this method.
Faster, sharper.

For larger formats, if one really wants a big scan, I think the best is a moving stage to take multiple frames and stitch on the PC.
Very high quality and resolution, but tedious of course.
Last I tried, 67 negative was 80mB in size (2x6 16mp shots from the K30).
I don't think this slide duplicator can do this, but very often, I just need a way to digitize my negatives.

True that.. Unless of course it's for user to shoot cropped or at 1:2..

If it is MUCH cheaper than a used V700, why not? But if it's priced >s$150, I'd find it strange as to which crowd are they aiming at.. :/

I doubt it will be very cheap, but to me, DSLR digitization is already better than V700.
Far faster too.
If you have scanned at high res on any of these flatbeds, you will know that its slow.
With a DSLR, to 'scan' its just snap, move to next frame and snap.

I think the idea is to digitize the negatives, unless one has a 645D as shown in the Ricoh photo for even higher quality reproduction.

I have used my K5 and K30 to digitize my negatives.
That would mean FF > APS-C, but since the original image was on 35mm format, the digital camera is only digitizing the original image with its FOV, bokeh, etc.
On our 16mp cameras, its already a very good reproduction (I was using a macro lens)

In fact, this was so good that I junked my Canon 9000 scanner and just used this method.
Faster, sharper.

For larger formats, if one really wants a big scan, I think the best is a moving stage to take multiple frames and stitch on the PC.
Very high quality and resolution, but tedious of course.
Last I tried, 67 negative was 80mB in size (2x6 16mp shots from the K30).
I don't think this slide duplicator can do this, but very often, I just need a way to digitize my negatives.

I doubt it will be very cheap, but to me, DSLR digitization is already better than V700.
Far faster too.
If you have scanned at high res on any of these flatbeds, you will know that its slow.
With a DSLR, to 'scan' its just snap, move to next frame and snap.

From what I imagine, I believe you on this! That's why I'm excited of the slide copier! :D

Problem is, moving up to film MF, it seems tedious to digitize it using a crop sensor and investing in a 645D is of course not in. Hee!

Poison for film MF is damn strong!

I got a few messages on the DSLR 'scanning', so I dug up 2 old threads where I shared the info and the results.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=559488&p=8162885&viewfull=1#post8162885

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=982286

Too bad I cleared my Picasa Web Album and the setup photo was deleted.
Its basically a negative holder with a back lit source and the DSLR with macro lens to copy the negative.

The Ricoh/Pentax jig, hopefully will be at a reasonable price, and I am sure it will be better with no reflection spill on the negative, ease of handling, planarity and even lighting.

I'd probably pair it with the 25mm F/4 and nothing else. :p

That'd raise that figure quite a bit, I expect. And the weight of my camera bag. :bsmilie: So it's probably just talk. :(

I think of all the people here.
You are the most suited to get and use the 645D (probably even add the word 'worthy')

Mainly quality Landscapes
Got time to travel (or take photos with nice light)
Can make full use of the camera's capabilities.

The good thing about 645 system is that there are not many lenses to LBA over.
Wide, normal, macro, tele that's about it, and Pentax makes some of the best.

I have looked over and over samples on the web.
The conclusion was that medium format and 645D shooters had a higher quality o/p in a general web search for image samples.
At the 100% view level, tones were smoother and less of a over sharpened, 'at the pixel' look.
Compare to say 36mp FF, which often a general web search turns up more varied quality samples.
Movement blur, lens weakness (for 36mp sensor density) being more common.
Also, it always appears to me that 36mp FF looks more like pixels at 100% (645D and MF in general look smoother and got some way to go before this pixelated look shows)
My own conclusion is that the pixel density for MF is still quite 'relaxed', less straining on lens, technique.
Bottom line, better quality.

Get APDS to sell you one cheap as 'promoter price' lah! :D

Maybe one day, my kids will have grown up and don't need me anymore and I am still strong enough to go travel/buy one of these 'ultimate cameras' and end all camera lust.
(Probably 645D very cheap by then... :D )

Apparently, it will also record video...
06.jpg

They will be epic if true :D

I think of all the people here.
You are the most suited to get and use the 645D (probably even add the word 'worthy')

Mainly quality Landscapes
Got time to travel (or take photos with nice light)
Can make full use of the camera's capabilities.

The good thing about 645 system is that there are not many lenses to LBA over.
Wide, normal, macro, tele that's about it, and Pentax makes some of the best.

I have looked over and over samples on the web.
The conclusion was that medium format and 645D shooters had a higher quality o/p in a general web search for image samples.
At the 100% view level, tones were smoother and less of a over sharpened, 'at the pixel' look.
Compare to say 36mp FF, which often a general web search turns up more varied quality samples.
Movement blur, lens weakness (for 36mp sensor density) being more common.
Also, it always appears to me that 36mp FF looks more like pixels at 100% (645D and MF in general look smoother and got some way to go before this pixelated look shows)
My own conclusion is that the pixel density for MF is still quite 'relaxed', less straining on lens, technique.
Bottom line, better quality.

Get APDS to sell you one cheap as 'promoter price' lah! :D

Maybe one day, my kids will have grown up and don't need me anymore and I am still strong enough to go travel/buy one of these 'ultimate cameras' and end all camera lust.
(Probably 645D very cheap by then... :D )

current going price about 5k us with the dfa 55 new, likely.

http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/NEW-Pentax-645D-40-0-MP-Digital-SLR-Camera-Black-Kit-/191063583813

marcus

Very tempting, but still cannot solve the "need to bring children about, no time to shoot for myself and 40MB each shot of failed moving children shots" :D

Maybe one day when I am old man and my children sit down nicely, I adjust the strobes, slowly walk back to the 645D and say "cheese" ...........