NEW SONY PSP. Anyobody have bought it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

newmemberz

Apr 3, 2005
www.noahphotography.deviantart.com
I went to lucky plaza yesterday, and I'm very suprised since the price is very different. It's only $350 which means $105 different from the list price in the cataloque.

One guy in the other shop told me that the cheap one is Japan version and without the local warranty and the asian version the price is about the same with the price list.

Anyobody can enlighten me why these things happen?
Is it true that the one from japan one is a defect product?

Sorry, if this thread is not related with Panasonic.
But, i'm very confuse with the price of PSP.

I went to lucky plaza yesterday, and I'm very suprised since the price is very different. It's only cost u $350 for the value pack which means $105 different from the list price in the cataloque.
Even some shop only sell the PSP with battery only for $320.

One guy in the other shop told me that the cheap one is Japan version and without the local warranty and the asian version the price is about the same with the price list.

this shd be in kopitiam..

itching to get the PSP too...

newmemberz said:
I went to lucky plaza yesterday, and I'm very suprised since the price is very different. It's only $350 which means $105 different from the list price in the cataloque.

Why these things happen ah? Plain and simple.

When PSP was launched in Japan for about SGD$350, there are lotsa dealers and people who actually flew to Japan to get a couple of PSPs, slap on a sticker that screams "MADE IN JAPAN! LIMITED EDITION!" and started selling them for $800 apiece to cash in on the heat. Of cos, there ARE people who are willing to be carrot heads to be chopped even if the PSP have no local warranty.

Now that the fever for PSP had somewhat died down, dealers are kinda panicking. Especially with those who brought in an obscene amount of PSPs from Japan and are not able to clear off their stock before the launch of the local set with local warranty and now starting to depress their prices to the original Japanese pricing of about $350.

There is nothing wrong with getting the cheaper Japanese set, but if something goes wrong, u'll have to catch the next flight to Japan, goto Sony Japan to have it fixed. Or u can go down to Sony Singapore, pay an obscene amount to have it fixed since the warranty is NOT COVERED by SONY SINGAPORE, but by Sony Japan.

P/S: In any case u're wondering how obscene is obscene, I paid $239.50 to have my Sony DSC-P72 CCD chip fixed and I paid $28 for a pair of replacement earplugs for my EXLP71 earphones (they charged me $14 for the left earplug and $14 for the right earplug and they sold me 1 each instead of coming in a pair).

Now THIS is obscene. Think whether u wanna take the risk dude.

Does PSP has inbuilt storage. Since it's capable of playing music, video and picture. Can also use as personal photo album, mp3 player etc.

Caussway said:
Does PSP has inbuilt storage. Since it's capable of playing music, video and picture. Can also use as personal photo album, mp3 player etc.

No internal storage. It comes with a 32MB MS Duo.

jsbn said:
Why these things happen ah? Plain and simple.

When PSP was launched in Japan for about SGD$350, there are lotsa dealers and people who actually flew to Japan to get a couple of PSPs, slap on a sticker that screams "MADE IN JAPAN! LIMITED EDITION!" and started selling them for $800 apiece to cash in on the heat. Of cos, there ARE people who are willing to be carrot heads to be chopped even if the PSP have no local warranty.

Now that the fever for PSP had somewhat died down, dealers are kinda panicking. Especially with those who brought in an obscene amount of PSPs from Japan and are not able to clear off their stock before the launch of the local set with local warranty and now starting to depress their prices to the original Japanese pricing of about $350.

There is nothing wrong with getting the cheaper Japanese set, but if something goes wrong, u'll have to catch the next flight to Japan, goto Sony Japan to have it fixed. Or u can go down to Sony Singapore, pay an obscene amount to have it fixed since the warranty is NOT COVERED by SONY SINGAPORE, but by Sony Japan.

P/S: In any case u're wondering how obscene is obscene, I paid $239.50 to have my Sony DSC-P72 CCD chip fixed and I paid $28 for a pair of replacement earplugs for my EXLP71 earphones (they charged me $14 for the left earplug and $14 for the right earplug and they sold me 1 each instead of coming in a pair).

Now THIS is obscene. Think whether u wanna take the risk dude.

I'm enlightened now, thanx a lot brother! owe ya!

No nit to owe me. If u insist on owing me den kopi-o on u. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.