NEW Sony A7iii Launched!!

Yea, I saw the specs. Still felt heavier than I am totally comfortable with while handling it for the 2 weeks.
Like I said, that's not the main reason I had to sell it off as I did enjoy the handling and image quality of it for other purposes.
It wasn't an easy decision to totally switch system and back. Not to mention the monetary losses.
I would have kept it if not for my pressing work concerns.

* Just to be clear, I am not dishing the A7iii. I have waited for more than a year for this model to be out .

Just sharing my personal hands on experience and reasons of selling off quickly.
I am sure it will work wonders for many, just not for my specific work situation.
Perhaps I am missing something but after 2 weeks of extensive testing for my work, I simply can't get the processed product the way I wanted.
I simply couldn't afford to spend more time on finding out what went wrong.
Given my reason, it was kind hard to elaborate on a selling post ya

Not sure whats with the snarky response from some ppl here. I guess some ppl just want to hear the good stuff

Its a tool and since its used for your work no point keeping it if its hindering the process. Don't be too bothered about about snarky responses. I am a Sony fanboi.. Every single playstation, A57, A7, RX100, TV blah blah, but I can understand your point of view.

Reactions: RiotZ
Yes, caught the hype. Extensive usage in the 2 weeks for my specific work usage gave me problems in post processing that my previous m43 system did not. A real surprise for me there. Works well for other purposes though.

In terms of weight, different ppl hv different preferences. Throwing shade was totally unnecessary and just pure snobbery

Well there is always a thing call specs for reading. Most camera shops do have the display unit for users to play around with before the actual pre launch.

Pure sarcasm on willing buyer willing seller pricing offered aka low ball was pure snobbery too. Sometimes one does need just a little bit of that humour maybe. Well....

Well there is always a thing call specs for reading. Most camera shops do have the display unit for users to play around with before the actual pre launch.

Pure sarcasm on willing buyer willing seller pricing offered aka low ball was pure snobbery too. Sometimes one does need just a little bit of that humour maybe. Well....

Sure. If you insist. I can see now there's no point to continuing this conversation

Sure. If you insist. I can see now there's no point to continuing this conversation
Nah not insisting but I agree with you that’s my last msg indeutly

how much is the retail price for A73?

When you move from M43 to a full frame Sony system, the change in weight in your gear will be quite substantial, unless you are on the EM-1 MKII, but so far for an upper class zoom, or a fast lens for a full frame sensor has always been big and heavy. Probably should have considered that when buying. There wouldn't be any change in workflow or processing if you just use JPEG though. I retain my M43 system when I tested out the A7 years ago, but similarly sold the A7 shortly after a few weeks of use as it was heavy; not so much for post PS workflow. However, I sold it at no lost, since I bought it at B/S at a much lower price than retail with warrenty. So it was snapped up quickly.

The A6xxx series would have been a notable upgrade from the M43 system. Similar weight in gear, compact lens (like sigma 16mm is good, 28mm, 55 zeiss), but better ergomatics, noise control and image quality, so say several of my friends.

Any stock in any of the shop? Went to TK Foto earlier today but no luck..

What screen protectors are you guys using for the a7iii? (And where to buy them)

anywhere there’s stocks coming in?

Hi, Can recommend what is the adaptor model best for nikon lens ? and the price. Thanks

I am sure this question has been asked before. I was at the Changi Airport Terminal 3 departure lounge Sony shop and saw the A7iii. The price is cheaper than the advertised price due to no GST. Will it be cheaper than street prices?

just got mine at $2755 (body only) from a reputable shop in Plaza Sing last weekend
with PWP
64gb 300mbps card at $147
Original batteries at $79 each

Cheers

Ordered mine from iShopChangi at $2700. But I think I would sell it away. A lot of work to switch from Nikon.....

Reactions: mgseb