New SLR by the Summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heihei, somehow I know you'd upgrade when it's here, even the improvement isn't that big ;)

Actually to me, I'm kinda interested in the "new concept" thing. Don't think faster AF is something can be called a "new concept" :think:

no shutter maybe :think: since electrical base sensor no longer need a shutter unlike film, just need to turn on and off only... maybe shutter speed can go much faster than existing 1/4000...

no shutter maybe :think: since electrical base sensor no longer need a shutter unlike film, just need to turn on and off only... maybe shutter speed can go much faster than existing 1/4000...

No shutter, no mirror, gps, coffee maker ... those I'd call as some new concepts :bsmilie:

i want bluetooth too... wireless transfer of images, wireless printer hookup...customized menu interface...customized button configuration...hehe

802.11a/b/g/n WiFi would be okay, but transferring 14mp RAW files (~15-20MB each) over Bluetooth may not be a pleasant experience:devil:

maybe it is more like the NX system.

BTW, Pentax lays off 300 in japan.

I guess most of us are sitting tight and waiting for the new DSLR to materialise.. from what's been bandying around, it sounds pretty sweet: smaller than K20D (i hope more like K-m size), more advanced, tough, weather-sealed etc. To go with the limited primes maybe.

I'm getting it if all these's true, and heck the price!

Save, save, save... :D

i will settle for a more accurate auto white balance and autofocus lamp.

I guess most of us are sitting tight and waiting for the new DSLR to materialise.. from what's been bandying around, it sounds pretty sweet: smaller than K20D (i hope more like K-m size), more advanced, tough, weather-sealed etc. To go with the limited primes maybe.

I'm getting it if all these's true, and heck the price!

Save, save, save... :D

Sure bo? If it's not as small as the K-M or your K100DS, you still buy bo?

Sure bo? If it's not as small as the K-M or your K100DS, you still buy bo?

The size difference b/w K20/K10 and K100 is not that much anyway.

So if upcoming model is smaller than K20, it should be at most a little bigger than K100.. this is absolutely fine for me!

Let's see how it pans out..

I prefer bigger bodies. More pro.

I prefer bigger bodies. More pro.

Erm, not because you have big hands and a bigger camera body will suit you better?

My hands are typical Asian small (compared to most ang mohs'), and I find my K100D's size quite a good fit.

As for pro-ness, I don't care. People can scoff at my pancakes and small-ish cameras all they want. In the end, our photos say it all, not the size of our equipment :p

I have seen photos from "pro-bodies" that looks out of focus, blurry and PnS like. And its not the camera's fault. There are camera collectors, and there are photographers.

as long as the camera fits ur needs... doesn't matter what it is... there is always reason why ppl go for FF, go for the higher MP, or why ppl go for D3... it a matter of what u need... not a matter of ego or anything else...

i have join many shoots... and trust me... my camera/lens combi is always is smallest and seems the most cmi one, the rest are all FF bodies no less, Dx or xD MK... long lens big lens...u name it, i have seen it... never have i ever feel intimidated by them... trust what is in ur hands and it will produce great pics...

as long as the camera fits ur needs... doesn't matter what it is... there is always reason why ppl go for FF, go for the higher MP, or why ppl go for D3... it a matter of what u need... not a matter of ego or anything else...

i have join many shoots... and trust me... my camera/lens combi is always is smallest and seems the most cmi one, the rest are all FF bodies no less, Dx or xD MK... long lens big lens...u name it, i have seen it... never have i ever feel intimidated by them... trust what is in ur hands and it will produce great pics...
Well-said.

Erm, not because you have big hands and a bigger camera body will suit you better?

My hands are typical Asian small (compared to most ang mohs'), and I find my K100D's size quite a good fit.

As for pro-ness, I don't care. People can scoff at my pancakes and small-ish cameras all they want. In the end, our photos say it all, not the size of our equipment :p
Bigger bodies gives me better confidence. But I do like mounting them with pan-cake lenses. The overall shape is very ergo and nice.

hoping for a faster max flash sync speed. 1/180 can be improved

hoping for a faster max flash sync speed. 1/180 can be improved

This is true. I can't "close out" the sun with 180 sync speed for flash photos outdoors.

My guess is that this new camera will probably be like the Samsung NX

This is true. I can't "close out" the sun with 180 sync speed for flash photos outdoors.

No......!!!!!

You can use high speed sync if need to, the speed can go way beyond 180 if it's bright enough outdoor :)

Status
Not open for further replies.