New Singapore Shares

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfgang

Apr 29, 2002
Riddle Realms
wolfgang.clubsnap.org
I wanted to do a poll but i reckon there will be too much variables... :)

For those who is eligible for New Singapore Shares, what are you going to do when November comes around? :)

What are you going to spend it on? ;)

in the 1st place, i do not see why those living in govt housing should be entitled to a greater number of shares than those residing in private houses.

what can i possibly buy with my measly sum of GSShares come Nov?

Originally posted by wildhoney
in the 1st place, i do not see why those living in govt housing should be entitled to a greater number of shares than those residing in private houses.

what can i possibly buy with my measly sum of GSShares come Nov?

No offence, but dun you think those generally stay in private housing are better off, compared to their fellow Singaporean who stay in HDB flat? ;)

no. i don't think so.

l stay in a private house but hello.....the house belongs to my parents.....not ME!!

My financial bearing right now is prob exactly the same as any other 22 yr old, irregardless of the kind of housing, private/govt/etc

those blind bats in the parliament just can't get it right.

no. i don't think so.

l stay in a private house but hello.....the house belongs to my parents.....not ME!!

My financial bearing right now is prob exactly the same as any other 22 yr old, irregardless of the kind of housing, private/govt/etc

Those "blind bats" are giving money to you. Not happy? Don't take loh. Be grateful that you didn't have to serve any NS!!!

no. i don't think so.

O.K, maybe they oversee such things, but definitely they oversee many things ;) ......think of it, they are people whose parents are well off and yet they got govt. scholarship, depriving those who really this scholarship to further on their studies...
It a sad world! The rich will become richer and the poor will be worse off. :devil:

Those "blind bats" are giving money to you. Not happy? Don't take loh. Be grateful that you didn't have to serve any NS!!!!!!

Well, they are giving $$ to everyone else. I'd be a fool NOT to take. But doesn't that mean i can't 'complain' at how the $$ is being distributed.

What is with guys and the "Be grateful that you didn't have to serve any NS" jambaroo anyway?

just cos i need not have to serve ns while u had to doesn't take away my voice or give u the right to shut me up with a "Be grateful that you didn't have to serve any NS" stoosh.

Well, they are giving $$ to everyone else. I'd be a fool NOT to take. But doesn't that mean i can't 'complain' at how the $$ is being distributed.

What is with guys and the "Be grateful that you didn't have to serve any NS" jambaroo anyway?

just cos i need not have to serve ns while u had to doesn't take away my voice or give u the right to shut me up with a "Be grateful that you didn't have to serve any NS" stoosh.

Well, isn't that a typical Singaporean response or what. Don't you see this everywhere? Compulsive whinning seemed to have become the way of life but guess what? Whenever there are giveaways, whinners will be there. Best part is, they whine about not having enough. Good riddance. Go figure.

oh wow.
i think the PAP will love you.

oh wow.
i think the PAP will love you.

Saw this coming. Its not a political issue at all if you are wondering.

Just basic rules I abide by in order to live happier............. be grateful with what you have. I suggest you look around the world. At least you don't have to live in a world where the car next to you will go off any minute or dodge bullets day in day out.

Originally posted by Kit

Saw this coming. Its not a political issue at all if you are wondering.

Just basic rules I abide by in order to live happier............. be grateful with what you have. I suggest you look around the world. At least you don't have to live in a world where the car next to you will go off any minute or dodge bullets day in day out.

yeah as a 20 yr old who has not seen much of life yet, I'm still pretty grateful that we dun live in such a world. i really can't imagine the kind of life where ppl around you can just die in a bomb blast any day.

so therefore the pros of living in singapore far outweigh the cons. stayer i guess.

Well, I had thought that girls had it easy for not having to serve N.S. But then I think about them having to give birth... ...

Give me NS anyday.

Originally posted by Cleophas
Well, I had thought that girls had it easy for not having to serve N.S. But then I think about them having to give birth... ...

Give me NS anyday.

well............. its easier not to give birth than not to serve NS :)

;)

Too small a sum of $$. Better keep it first. Next yr the government will take this $$ back when the GST increase from 3% to 5%. So actually, we will not gain anything from this shares.

no. i don't think so.

I totally agree with u honey..err i meant wildhoney haha.
We should be getting more!!! haha kidding

o well...i think we should just be happy we aint living in some third world country eating off dead flies and all...
we are very fortunate!

I will take ....and pay debts....bills bills ...and more bills.....cost of living "quietly" going up nowadays......SIGH

Status
Not open for further replies.