new sigma lens difficult to zoom

Status
Not open for further replies.

l_n_h

Feb 12, 2005
hello,

just bought a e-300 and a sigma 18-125 lens. but i find the zoom ring of the lens very difficult to turn. it seems too tight. is this normal? anyone with similar experience?

I believe given time, it will loosen up. same as with sigma 50-500

Sorry, I know this is an Olympus thread, but I also have the same experience with one of my Nikkor lens. Very tight zoom ring. Went back to AP to change and the replacement was also the same. Already coming to 9 months but still no improvement. So I just live with it.

take it out to shoot under hot afternoon sun. i think the heat will help loosen the lubricant a bit. ;) thats what i did to my 55mm nikkor lens, very tight to focus. so i hope it will work the same for the zoom ring.

l_n_h said:
hello,

just bought a e-300 and a sigma 18-125 lens. but i find the zoom ring of the lens very difficult to turn. it seems too tight. is this normal? anyone with similar experience?

I have te 55-200 sigma. Mine has an AF-M switch on the body. Could it be similar? Cause turning the Focusing ring in AF could potentially damage the motor/gear.

l_n_h said:
hello,

how much did you pay for the sigma 18-125?

535 at alan photo. dun know good price or not....

nope.. u lose the s-af -mf mode, my sigma 55-200 was pretty tight initially, esp compared to the 40-150 zuiko. but it has started to loosen up, its noticably smoother than when new and i'm sure it will break in more with some more use...

Status
Not open for further replies.