New Sigma 18-200mm OS or Nikon 18-200mm VR???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for OOP....This is real and I had a weird dream last night that out of no where I had a brand new Nikon AFS 70-200 VR3......eveytime when I press the shuttle, the lens will emit a small electric pulse that will numb my left arm.....in return it achives stabilization and all my shot was pin point sharp and rock stable :sweat: Just sharing....hope it's workable :lovegrin:

Probably there is copy to copy variation? I love mine :lovegrin: and i dun find day and night difference in sharpness when compared to 50f1.8 (which is generally considered very sharp)

...or perhaps i am not a very picky person.

you are not picky, thats why you find it suitable.;)

its also up to one how we judge our lens, maybe cause i compare too much with the 17-55 ba.;p

and i like constant aperature:D

Go for Nikon. Original lense. Don't try to save that little $..

Lol! Same here

Lol! Same here

Hi Guys, just bought the D80 kit yesterday evening at Lords, wow!!! this is really an incredible piece of machine.

Have another question to ask. With the 18-135mm kit lens, should I get the cheap and good Nikon 50mm f/1.8 for prime and wait till I have enough bullets and get better glass in the future. Thanks. :dunno:

You can always get a 50mm f/1.8 (to play around with), else, just save and save, and save... Get the 17-35mm f/2.8 & a 70-200mm f/2.8 VR :thumbsup: :thumbsup:. The range in-between just use your kit lens to cover. Else, there's always the 28-70mm f2.8:D... Maybe just go walk-around more, snap more photos, and see where your interests lies... That way, can focus your attention & more importantly your finances in that direction...

Cheers... Welcome to the family...;)

Hi Guys, just bought the D80 kit yesterday evening at Lords, wow!!! this is really an incredible piece of machine.

Have another question to ask. With the 18-135mm kit lens, should I get the cheap and good Nikon 50mm f/1.8 for prime and wait till I have enough bullets and get better glass in the future. Thanks. :dunno:

Yeah, it's a nice piece which you can use for simple hand held low light shots and also reversing it for macro shots. ;)

You can always get a 50mm f/1.8 (to play around with), else, just save and save, and save... Get the 17-35mm f/2.8 & a 70-200mm f/2.8 VR :thumbsup: :thumbsup:. The range in-between just use your kit lens to cover. Else, there's always the 28-70mm f2.8:D... Maybe just go walk-around more, snap more photos, and see where your interests lies... That way, can focus your attention & more importantly your finances in that direction...

Cheers... Welcome to the family...;)

Thanks and most probably, will get the cheap and good Nikon 50mm f/1.8 and try it first before deciding to get better glass in the future when more bullets are available.

Cheers:thumbsup:

Thanks and most probably, will get the cheap and good Nikon 50mm f/1.8 and try it first before deciding to get better glass in the future when more bullets are available.

Cheers:thumbsup:

Welcome to the D80 club! Please do get the 50mm - you will find that a large majority of Nikon users around the world carry this around. It's quite a cult lens. It's really fast, great for indoors, family functions etc, fits into your camera bag / pocket quite nicely, much smaller and cheaper than the f/1.4 - some say sharper. Wonderful glass for the price.

Sorry for OOP....This is real and I had a weird dream last night that out of no where I had a brand new Nikon AFS 70-200 VR3......eveytime when I press the shuttle, the lens will emit a small electric pulse that will numb my left arm.....in return it achives stabilization and all my shot was pin point sharp and rock stable :sweat: Just sharing....hope it's workable :lovegrin:

that one have to co-develop with OSIM, maybe can cure aching arms too :bsmilie:

Sorry to ask- a shop told me sigma lens coating is not lasting and nikon is know for their lens cannot compare in image quality, ture?

Sorry to ask- a shop told me sigma lens coating is not lasting and nikon is know for their lens cannot compare in image quality, ture?

Nikon cannot compare? Or others cannot compare to Nikon? Are you saying Nikon is too good or Nikon is lousy? ;p

that one have to co-develop with OSIM, maybe can cure aching arms too :bsmilie:

Electric pulse one is OTO not OSIM. Osim uses air pressure..

Nikon is better lah

Nikon is better lah

Then that's true.. ;p

In fact, I would put Nikon in the same league as Carl Zeiss and Leica with Olympus following behind.

That's certainly true - that's part of the reason why Nikon can charge a premium and ppl will still buy.

That's certainly true - that's part of the reason why Nikon can charge a premium and ppl will still buy.
without 3rd party, do you think the $1200-$1480(RRP?) nikon charge is called premium? :dunno: :bsmilie:

Just a question...is the image quality good? Considering the fact that it has such a long range

without 3rd party, do you think the $1200-$1480(RRP?) nikon charge is called premium? :dunno: :bsmilie:

Compared to third party lenses lah... ;)

The Sigma 18-200mm lens is quite a good lens. At certain focal lengths it outperforms the Nikon 18-200mm VR, but not by much too... Just a personal comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.