New service! B&W film development and scanning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaeSiuM

Dec 22, 2002
Singapore, Bedok
www.paintingmoments.com
Bringing to everyone convenient and reliable B&W film development and scanning service from yours truly.

:thumbsup: Collection and delivery at MRT stations along the city area
:thumbsup: High resolution B&W scans at 2,900DPI
:thumbsup: Fast 2 days turnaround time

Give it a try today if you're an avid B&W shooter but simply have no time or tools to develop and scan the B&W films. Here are the no-frills prices.

B&W film development (D/O) - $5
B&W scanning - $7
B&W development + scanning - $12

For more information or to arrange for collection of film, please PM me. :cheers:

I use Rodinal(tack sharp and arty grains), HC-110(General use and generally finer grain than Rodinal, more suitable for newer film with tabular grain structure I feel) and Diafine(Good for bringing out shadow details while retaining the highlights). I do have D76 but prefer not to use it because it's troublesome to keep mixing it and it contains Hydroquinone which is a known carcinogen.

Btw, just to add, there is no extra charges for push/pull development as long as it's within limits.

hey hey u dun do printing rite?
sorry i abbit mountain tortise.. scanning means scan in pc?

no worries armand78, you're welcomed to post any queries you have. :)

Yes scanning refers to the conversion of the negative image into a computer image file. The output will be in JPEG format.

Thanks to Kit for the reminder, I forgot to mention that the format I accept is only 35mm format film as my film scanner(Nikon Coolscan IV ED) can only accept 35mm format, my apologies.

Good luck with this - think you're prices are pretty competitive!! :)

Where can we meet if I decide to use yr service?

hmm, can u dev 120 film? just d/o? Btw, what is the res. u scan in? can u scan into tiff if required? i can provide cds if required.

awhuang: We can meet along the MRT stations from Bedok to City Hall at a convenient time or on weekdays, you can add in Chinatown MRT station. I'll try my best to accomodate your time.

szekiat: Sorry I don't do 120 format. Have done it before but I'd prefer to just do 35mm format at the moment. Will inform you if I eventually do. My max scan resolution is 2,900DPI and my scanner can scan at a bit depth of 12-bits so TIFF is no problem. However due to the increase in file size and time, TIFF scanning will cost $10 instead of $7. Hope everyone understands. :)

Very reasonable pricing! :) Definitely will give it a try on my next B&W roll!

A bit OT I know but do you know anyone who can do printing on B&W paper? Most labs print on "color" paper nowadays!

TRY FEIFEI COLOR..they uses B&W paper.... 3r is 50cents if i`m not wrong! :cry:

and where is feifei photos? btw i am printing at konota@penisula... seriously.. someone drop me a PM if they are good.... so far the colour printing is fantastic for me.. but BW is... maybe it is my skills lah... hehe.... waiting for the latest photos to be out...

caesium: just wondering how long would u need to develop the negative?

armand78 said:
and where is feifei photos? btw i am printing at konota@penisula... seriously.. someone drop me a PM if they are good.... so far the colour printing is fantastic for me.. but BW is... maybe it is my skills lah... hehe.... waiting for the latest photos to be out...

caesium: just wondering how long would u need to develop the negative?

Hi armand78,

Turnaround time is 1 day for developing and 1 day for scanning. If there are any foreseen delay due to increase in volume, I'll inform you beforehand but usually it is within 2 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.