New Sensor from Fuji!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom, it's Super, not Supper lah ;p

A SuperCCD HR (high resolution) CCD similar in size to the one in 602Z would be 6MP effective.....

On the other hand, the SuperCCD SR (Super Dynamic Range) offers almost two stops more dynamic range than conventional CCD

WOW! :eek: 6 effective mp using a SuperCCD HR :gbounce:

Time to start saving :D

The SuperCCD HR would be impressive if it can keep the noise levels reasonable.

However, I'm more interested in the SuperCCD SR at the moment, 2 stops of extended dynamic range sounds impressive, this would make it roughly equal to negative film.

One thing though, does that mean that they might split their product lines into 2? Having a HR or SR sensor for certain specific models? (e.g 602 SR and 602 HR)

Wow, Fuji doesn't disappoint in terms of exciting developments. :) Let's see how the final product turns out.

What I would be more interested in is a super-sensitive low noise commercially available (ie consumer) CCD. One that would give ISO 3200 or 6400 sensitivity. B&W also can... :D

Originally posted by StreetShooter
What I would be more interested in is a super-sensitive low noise commercially available (ie consumer) CCD. One that would give ISO 3200 or 6400 sensitivity. B&W also can... :D

Can can, shoot at ISO 800 or 1600 and underexpose by 1 or 2 stops then use PS to correct for it later. =P Shoot it in B&W and you can fake it and say the grain follows tri-x, LOL!

i hope that they put it in a canon mount camera...;p

Originally posted by YSLee

Can can, shoot at ISO 800 or 1600 and underexpose by 1 or 2 stops then use PS to correct for it later. =P Shoot it in B&W and you can fake it and say the grain follows tri-x, LOL!

Aiya, that's what I'm doing now already...

Originally posted by StreetShooter

hey hey hey, you dont ask for much, do you..?:D

But that would indeed be an excellent cam to have, I would love that for some night shoots.:D

Originally posted by mylau
i hope that they put it in a canon mount camera...;p

Think they may put it in a prosumer type camera than a DSLR body. After all, if the CCD is going to be small, so will no longer need a SLR body to house, maybe the existing 602Z body would do?

Status
Not open for further replies.