New Sandisk Extreme III CF card 30MB/s

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvxing

Nov 7, 2004
Somewhere in little red dot
When did Sandisk release a 30MB/s Extreme III CF card? Its min speed is Min 20MB/second sequential read and write based on their internal testing. See link below.

SanDisk Extreme III CF 30MB/s

What will happen to the older 20MB/s (max) version, price drop drastically?

When did Sandisk release a 30MB/s Extreme III CF card? Its min speed is Min 20MB/second sequential read and write based on their internal testing. See link below.

SanDisk Extreme III CF 30MB/s

What will happen to the older 20MB/s (max) version, price drop drastically?

can barely find those older version already
juz get the new ones. they are super cheap nowadays anyway :)

yup. i got my 4Gbextreme III 30MB/s for $69 only.

If a new version 4GB going for $69/-, what will be a 2nd hand old version 4GB going? $50 or $40 or ??? What about Ultra II, very soon it will exit the market, too thin profit for Sandisk.

they might still keep Ultra II... the thing that can happen in chip fabrication is that they might produce a high end chip, then those that don't pass QC for a certain capability, they pass it off as a lower end product depending on how capable it still is... so some koyak Extreme III can become Ultra II... this way, they can cover multiple price points and make use of a higher percentage of chips...

they might still keep Ultra II... the thing that can happen in chip fabrication is that they might produce a high end chip, then those that don't pass QC for a certain capability, they pass it off as a lower end product depending on how capable it still is... so some koyak Extreme III can become Ultra II... this way, they can cover multiple price points and make use of a higher percentage of chips...
:bsmilie: you leaked trade secret
it's the same in the CPU and RAM market as well

www.adorama.com (US based) has nice rebates on lots of San Disk cards right now. I just picked up two Extreme III 8GB SD cards for $37 USD each after rebate (free shipping to the US as well). I'll be there in a few weeks so perfect timing :)

www.adorama.com (US based) has nice rebates on lots of San Disk cards right now. I just picked up two Extreme III 8GB SD cards for $37 USD each after rebate (free shipping to the US as well). I'll be there in a few weeks so perfect timing :)

US$37 is for 4GB not 8GB (59.95), btw from the pic it is a 20MB/s version

www.adorama.com rebates=SanDisk

Status
Not open for further replies.