New results of Hot Pixels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitz

Jan 18, 2002
Singapore
www.blitzstorm.com
Hi fellow Olympians,

I FINALLY manage to find time to go down to Oly Singapore today to remap my hot pixels. It seems like that Mr. Goh is really full time remapping hot pixels for cust as the receptionist immediately call him when I ask for the remapping service.

Below is my new results which is pretty amazing to me! I've taken the 4 secs ~ 10 secs all in 1 shot. Then let the cam cool down again, b4 taking the 13 secs and 16 secs shot.

Someone tell me I'm not dreaming!!

New Results:
ISO 100
Secs Dead Hot
4..............0 0
5..............0 0
6..............0 0
8..............0 0
10............0 0
13............0 0
16............0 8

Old Results:
ISO 100
Secs Dead Hot
4..............0 4
5..............0 4
6..............0 4
8..............0 8
10............0 24
13............0 259
16............0 946

Just need to add on, I did not ask for upgrade of firmware, is that important? (I forgotten about the upgrading of the firmware!)

Originally posted by Blitz
Just need to add on, I did not ask for upgrade of firmware, is that important? (I forgotten about the upgrading of the firmware!)

So...happy now???? ;)

Does that mean that if I just send in for remapping, then no more hot pixels problem?

Originally posted by kylelam77
wat is ur firmware version b4 and after?

Still the same, v355p-75

I did not ask for a firmware upgrade, just remapping of the hot pixels.

Anyway what does the firmware upgrade does anyway? Anyone can confirm?

Originally posted by sneezybum
Does that mean that if I just send in for remapping, then no more hot pixels problem?

That will still be hotpixels there, unless ur cam has NR feature to reduce it.

Hotpixels will be there when ur cam is on for quite sometime and the CCD is heat up.

Did you pay for the service ? If so, how much ?

Originally posted by pit
Did you pay for the service ? If so, how much ?

The remapping is free, I think while within ur warranty period.

Hee ur C40Z got NR wat, dun need lah :D

Oh, it's not for my C40. I'm thinking of getting the C2100. I think I need to upgrade the firmware and remapping when I buy it. (if I manage to buy it :)

Hi Blitz

Do you have to make an appointment b4 going down?

Have to bring the warranty card and proof of purchase?

Thanks

Originally posted by pit
Oh, it's not for my C40. I'm thinking of getting the C2100. I think I need to upgrade the firmware and remapping when I buy it. (if I manage to buy it :)

Oh I see. I dunno for the upgrading of firmware though. When I attend the Oly digicam course, the lecturer told me they dun offer firmware upgrade for C2040Z. Not too sure about other models.

Thought u have a C3040Z too? Sold it off liao ah? :D

Your C40Z really very tempting sia....if not for the price...hmm.... :devil:

I sold off my C3030 to buy the C40. Lost about $700+ in a year. A bit "sim tia" but didn't regret it. Heard someone that the price dropped to about $1000+ a bit.

If you want, you can actually pay by installments at participating shops. (credit card 0% installment scheme).

So I'm thinking of adding a C2100 to complement the C40.

Hi Volk, I did not make any appointment b4 going down. And yes, they will have to check your warranty card together with the receipt as well.

Originally posted by volk
Hi Blitz

Do you have to make an appointment b4 going down?

Have to bring the warranty card and proof of purchase?

Thanks

hee sounds good but will need to consider first.....

The NR feature, 4MP and the compactness is really attractive to me.

Originally posted by pit
I sold off my C3030 to buy the C40. Lost about $700+ in a year. A bit "sim tia" but didn't regret it. Heard someone that the price dropped to about $1000+ a bit.

If you want, you can actually pay by installments at participating shops. (credit card 0% installment scheme).

So I'm thinking of adding a C2100 to complement the C40.

Blitz: Then I suggest you better don't try the camera out or else you'll never be able to let go. Hahaha... whole night can't sleep man.

Can someone explain to me what is hotpixel and remapping? Does it happen to all digi cam?

kueko

Status
Not open for further replies.