New products from Sigma

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is also notable that Sigma has introduced a lens in the Four-Thirds mount, if memory serves me correct that would be the first non-Olympus Four-Thirds lens to be put out, and I would think it is probably a lot cheaper than the Olympus Zuiko glass.

Sigma is really power nowadays.

But don't get it, 28-70...then 24-70, then 24-60, add in 18-50, then now 24-70 + 28-70 again? All 2.8.

All of the new lense don't seem to have HSM.

I wonder if the new 28-70 protrudes or not when zooming out cos it doesn't look like it does.

Cheesecake said:
Sigma makes some really good lenses!

esp. the 12-24 f4.5-5.6 lens... wow~ :thumbsup:

Is this really good? I am thinking of getting one and replace my 17-35mm Sigma.... planning for DSLR days... :D

And the 18-125mm sounds really sweet.... looks like a good travel lens for the focal length along.... very wide to moderate telephoto....

TME said:
Is this really good? I am thinking of getting one and replace my 17-35mm Sigma.... planning for DSLR days... :D

And the 18-125mm sounds really sweet.... looks like a good travel lens for the focal length along.... very wide to moderate telephoto....

i would like to think so, yes. :thumbsup:

TME said:

18-125 is DC lense. :kok: Cannot work with film camera.

Cheers!

Carllim said:
150mm Macro got HSM. :)

See http://www.sigma-photo.com/Html/150dg.htm

Macro Ring Flash with i-TTL and D-TTL. :bigeyes:
Why can't Nikon make one?

Oh my I missed out that one. That looks like a lens I will get. I wish they has put in HSM into lenses like the 18-50 though. Quite difficult to make up put money into a main lense without the HSM, AF-S, USM.

I was tempting to get the new sigma 105 DG macro but the 150 looks even better. Hope the price is within my prediction.

Carllim said:
150mm Macro got HSM. :)
HSM is good to have but what I really want to have is OS (Sigma's version of VR) for a macro lens! :complain:

Since this thread seems to be focused on Sigma, i was wondering if anyone knows if DG lenses can be used for film cameras or not? And has anyone tried using DG lenses on film cams?

weevil84 said:
Since this thread seems to be focused on Sigma, i was wondering if anyone knows if DG lenses can be used for film cameras or not? And has anyone tried using DG lenses on film cams?
DG lenses can be used on film cameras as they have a full image circle. DC lenses only cover APS-sized sensors.

CY_OH said:
DG lenses can be used on film cameras as they have a full image circle. DC lenses only cover APS-sized sensors.
There's no problem using them with film cameras as long as they are not 'DC'. DG lenses are suppose to have an extra coating at the rear element to reduce reflection from the CCD. Haven't seen any benefits of this though as I've not been able to detect any differences in image quality from the 105mm f/2.8 Macro EX DG and non-DG versions, even under very bright situations.

The 150 HSM macro sounds cool. Wonder how it fare against Tamron's 180 macro?

Don't see much of a difference between the new 24-70 Macro and the old one. Its magnification factor and min focusing distance is exactly the same. Hopefully the zoom ring is not so stiff.

Status
Not open for further replies.