New Powerbooks announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

eel

Aug 14, 2003
Thomson
Visit site
Finally, though just a few hours earlier than expected, Apple has quietly launched their new G4 Powerbooks. Faster Processor, HDD and better BT + superdrive that supports wider range of DVDs and a few extra features. Check it out at apple.com.sg :thumbsup:

Wow...the new powerbook can SMS* too

*SMS stands for sudden motion sensor, which parks the hard drive heads so they won’t scratch the disks when you drop the powerbook. Wonder how many powerbooks were used for the drop tests :D

btw, the new track pad with scrolling capability sounds interesting....are there any 3rd party software that can do that too?

I'm realllllllllllly tempted, my laptop of 2 yrs is still working strong, but am very tempted to switch to powerbooks and G4 for home use. The 30" ACD... arggghh...

espn said:
I'm realllllllllllly tempted, my laptop of 2 yrs is still working strong, but am very tempted to switch to powerbooks and G4 for home use. The 30" ACD... arggghh...

BUY BUY BUY ... sell your IBM ... :devil:

espn said:

hmm...what is the cost of the powerbook to u when u can afford the 30" ACD? ;p

get the G5 with nvidia 5900ultra card, can support TWO x 30" ACD!!

buay tahan ah....

bought my 15" PB in Dec 2003, was a G4 1.25GHz, now its G4 1.67GHz with BT 2.0.

Argh.......

arghhhh!!!! I bought mine early dec 04!! and NOW they Release new ones!!! $#@^%%$#&$%^@%$#@^% WHY!!!!!!! and selling cheaper somemore!!!! wah lau eh!!! unfair!!!

eadwine said:
arghhhh!!!! I bought mine early dec 04!! and NOW they Release new ones!!! $#@^%%$#&$%^@%$#@^% WHY!!!!!!! and selling cheaper somemore!!!! wah lau eh!!! unfair!!!

i feel your pain too, just use la!

eadwine said:

I oso brought last dec 04 ... 1.5Ghz and now 1.67Ghz with slightly lower price .... #$#%$%%*^)( ...... anyway just use lor :(

eadwine said:
Go back to the store where u bought ur powerbook, sit down on da floor, scream, kick ur legs, cry and bang ur fists. They might pay some attention to u ;)

That's life and technology for u. Shit happens. Buy when u need it. But the most important thing is to buy what u need. ;)

jsbn said:
Go back to the store where u bought ur powerbook, sit down on da floor, scream, kick ur legs, cry and bang ur fists. They might pay some attention to u ;)

That's life and technology for u. Shit happens. Buy when u need it. But the most important thing is to buy what u need. ;)

Yah. Totally agree with you man. Electronics are especially bad when it comes to change: fast & furious. :bsmilie:

KNIGHT ONG said:
BUY BUY BUY ... sell your IBM ... :devil:
I using Acer notebook and DIY at home la :kok:

Wai said:
hmm...what is the cost of the powerbook to u when u can afford the 30" ACD? ;p

get the G5 with nvidia 5900ultra card, can support TWO x 30" ACD!!
Then how about my D2X? ;p who's going to sponsor that.

DON"T TEMPT ME LAH!!!

PLRBEAR said:
KNNBCCB!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

wah ... I oso dun know what I type .... yours can read leh ... :nono:

Mine is just some symbol we use everyday hor likes $, %, # etc ... :sweatsm:

PLRBEAR said:
KNNBCCB!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Friend, you dun have to be so vulgar here! :nono:
Try shouting loudly what you shouted here in Kopitiam or pubs and I can be sure that you are most likely to get beaten up there! :thumbsd:

eadwine said:

me too.... :(
same thing also happened to me when i got my 3rd generation ipod...

:bheart:

laugh said:
me too.... :(
same thing also happened to me when i got my 3rd generation ipod...

:bheart:

The same goes to DSLR ma! Now you buy a Nikon D70, then later come out with a better spec and cheaper DSLR...it is all the same la...consumer electronics!
Nowadays there isn't anything that can last you for life...maybe except for Leica M cameras? ;p

yeah, but not so soon mah.. haha

ok ok.. im quite happy with my powerbook, dun think the new range is that much better.. just that the price is lower.. makes your heart break..

Dun liddat... If u all break hearts den I have to break my own head liao... I'm still running on a G3 and its running on fumes liao.... Yesterday notice my monitor dim and brighten little automatically and a restart becomes a forced shutdown.

Tried everything including hitting the PMU switch, still no avail. :(

I juz hope that it can last me at least till December... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.