New Portable Storage Device!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to CP last friday. A sale guy is talking abt this device. There is an offer if u buy S2Pro. And they had extra piece to sell it cheap with Hard disk. I think the HD is 120G and selling at $200. Correct me if I am wrong!! :)

Ender said:
Went to CP last friday. A sale guy is talking abt this device. There is an offer if u buy S2Pro. And they had extra piece to sell it cheap with Hard disk. I think the HD is 120G and selling at $200. Correct me if I am wrong!! :)
It's probably 20GB. Perhaps the uncle said 1x20GB liao and you heard wrongly :bsmilie: Just kidding.

Anyway, the highest capacity for a 2.5" HDD seems to be only 80GB liao. But whether or not it's 20GB or 120GB, $199 is definitely cheap.

:Later,

$159 does not include the harddisk right?

cyke said:
$159 does not include the harddisk right?
Yep. This stuff's probably gonna be a bit cheaper at SLS though, similar to Ban Leong's MPIO products.

:Later,

Ender said:
heh, even if there was a 120GB 2.5" HDD now, the HDD alone would probably cost 4 times as much as $200...

anyhow, $200 for a 20GB combo is really very cheap, considering a 20GB 2.5" HDD cost about $130 brand new.

Does the S$159 include HDD?

the website merely says card reader cum HDD case. my suspicion is that hdd is extra.

yup. for 159, HD is not included.

I bought it last 2 days ago in CP for 199 with 20G HD.

It takes 3 to 3.5 minutes to transfer a 256 CF card to HD. :)

BUY BUY BUY.... :thumbsup:

yupz saw this a few daes back too :)
HOw long can the batt last ?

$199 with 20GB? That is a good buy!

Did you see if there was any transfer corruption, etc? I had encountered that problem with the X-drive. Was quite disappointed as some pictures I took during a trip were corrupted.

P.S. any idea what harddisk this is?

cyke said:

Did you see if there was any transfer corruption, etc? I had encountered that problem with the X-drive. Was quite disappointed as some pictures I took during a trip were corrupted.

yeah i had that kinda problem too so i backed it up twice. every time i backup data i do it twice to make sure it's corruption free.

Agila said:
yup. for 159, HD is not included.

I bought it last 2 days ago in CP for 199 with 20G HD.

It takes 3 to 3.5 minutes to transfer a 256 CF card to HD. :)

BUY BUY BUY.... :thumbsup:

Can you give us a user review on the teramate?

SianZronG said:
yeah i had that kinda problem too so i backed it up twice. every time i backup data i do it twice to make sure it's corruption free.

Guess what? I did that too ;)

but for my next trip, was thinking of taking at 5 megapixels, which will eat into the disk space like nobody's business if I back up twice.

cyke said:

P.S. any idea what harddisk this is?

Sorry i non-techie... but this teramate thingy does not have lcd screen to check the photos. so how can the user know whether the files are corrupted or not?

thanks ;)

urban said:
Sorry i non-techie... but this teramate thingy does not have lcd screen to check the photos. so how can the user know whether the files are corrupted or not?

thanks ;)

you can't. until you bring it home and upload to your com. I did a wedding shoot with the Xdrive lucky i took 2 shots of everything and uploaded them twice into the Xdrive. i got in total of 400+ shots 3 corrupted shots. being stored into the Xdrive dunon it's my cam or the drive. :dunno:

Eastgear is selling the new Nixvue digital album with 20GB at $699, coems with color LCD for reviewing pictures. very cool you folks might want to check it out :D

I've personally transferred CF, MS, SM cards to my X-driveII, no corruption... hope it stays that way.

espn said:
Eastgear is selling the new Nixvue digital album with 20GB at $699, coems with color LCD for reviewing pictures. very cool you folks might want to check it out :D

I've personally transferred CF, MS, SM cards to my X-driveII, no corruption... hope it stays that way.

Teramate seems like a bargain. of cos there is no lcd preview screen and fanciful features. but it seems like it can act as a portable hdd when i want to copy big files and yet can be brought around for shoots if required.

any one knows what hdd is enclosed?

is CP Cathay Photo?

Status
Not open for further replies.