New Places to shot - Orchard Road?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhoufang

Jan 19, 2002
Jurong
Visit site
Do u notice that for places we normally go, eg BG JBP Zoo, most of the ppl there are foreigners?
Why not go to shot places where Singaporeans normally go to?
can be CBD or neighbourhood centres.
Not really to shot the ppl there, more of representing how Singapore and the ppl here is like. (the type that when Ah mao sees will miss the Tropical sun here and want to rush to Singapore one)
Close to street photography but more on the environment and and mass crowd than a few individuals. (ie u don't point ur camera to 1 or 2 person, thus easier)
it also can be at off peak time where the street is empty.
those China town type are too stereotype, thus I suggest places like Orchard Road where all the ppl and the Local spirit is.

Anyone interest and want to go togather?

tokyo-shinjuku-45.3.jpg

here is an example from photo.net although it is not really lively, I hope for something that looks alive.

wah great idea...also thought of going to orchard or city area to take pple's usual activity....or maybe taking shots of the buildings of orchard....tt could be nice....er....me dont know how to take street photography shots....having a diff time....afraid later kanna wack...haha

As long as we don't point at any individuals and don't try to hide the fact that we are taking picture, everything should be find.

Yah... If you don't aim at anyone, just stand there and shoot, tripod or not... the most people do is turn around take a look at the fool who's blocking the middle of the street and move on... Did that a few times on my way to work. Just smile when people look at you.

but sometimes it's a bit diff lor....if let's say u wanna aim at one particular subject...how u gonna do it....without flash....but afraid it would be underexposed....

Originally posted by AqUaRiU5
but sometimes it's a bit diff lor....if let's say u wanna aim at one particular subject...how u gonna do it....without flash....but afraid it would be underexposed....

try dress like tourist?

Originally posted by Flare
Yah... If you don't aim at anyone, just stand there and shoot, tripod or not... the most people do is turn around take a look at the fool who's blocking the middle of the street and move on... Did that a few times on my way to work. Just smile when people look at you.

That's why I ask for a group to go togather.
When there's a group of fools doing funning things, the psyco of ppl will think that they are missing some thing themselve and not looking at us like a bunch of fools.

Im interested. But theres no guarantee there will be something to shoot always. :)

Originally posted by sbs99
Im interested. But theres no guarantee there will be something to shoot always. :)

Those interested pls add your name on the list:

Zhoufang
sbs99

If we have 5 ppl or more that will be very good.

I am afraid after you band of brothers finish setting up your cameras, the entire Orchard road will be empty;p

Originally posted by tomshen
I am afraid after you band of brothers finish setting up your cameras, the entire Orchard road will be empty;p

No need set up one...if u wana shoot street...u travel light, shoot and go technique...unless u like those camper...set up base camp, tripod and laze until something interesting comes. Im not one of those. Haaaa

Originally posted by zhoufang

That's why I ask for a group to go togather.
When there's a group of fools doing funning things, the psyco of ppl will think that they are missing some thing themselve and not looking at us like a bunch of fools.

yes...go in group....it was 9pm at orhcard road, and i saw a group of student outside paragon there, with huge tripods and SLRs with many lens....they mount their rig in the middle of the road....

not one but abt 7-10 pple...and i think there is one instuctor running around...and one girl sitting at one corner to look after all their camera bags...

well..they are kinda careless, i saw lens lying around their bags everywhere

i think if we go in group...u won;t feel so bad as there are pple accomany u

Aquar... Shoot in broad day light, no need flash... if still cannot, use monopod or tripod... Or the stone chairs~ Hee hee...

Zhoufang. Me interested.~

Anyway... you use flash in Orchard road also noone cares... I work there... see flash everyday I work...

Originally posted by Zplus
Count me in...

Flare
Zhoufang
sbs99
Zplus

please add on to the list for yourselve.
Just one more to hit 5 and that will be enough for a group.
Are u all free on Saturday evening, from 6-9PM we can get a lot of different lighting effect.
Bring your tripod as it will be needed when dark. I guess it will be easier to get lively photo when it is starting to get dark.

I will be shooting there this coming Friday 26th April starting from around 8.45PM.
The time is choosen purely because that I will be around the area then and don't have to travel there on purpose. (I live in jurong, a two way trip will take me 2hrs)
If any of you can join me at this time pls leave your contact here. U will definitely need a tripod. Flash is not really required. I'll be going alone if no one else will follow.

Don't worry. Sometimes soon I will go Orchard again at a more reasonble time (around 6pm Saturday). Then you should all be able to join in. This time I will be pioneering and tell u if there will be any difficulties involved.

Originally posted by Flare
Its the exams period... =(

Maybe after exams we organise another one.

yeah...count me in, but after my exam, ie. 2 May

i won't feel so odd if u all are around & taking photo along the street together

Status
Not open for further replies.