New Pentaxian reporting in~

NotCooked

May 28, 2010
Singapore
hi every1 =)
got my pentax in march actually but didnt really come to the site till now =) but nevertheless, im still new to the world of photography so please guide me seniors :D

as of now... my setup consists of:
-Pentax K-X black body
-Pentax DAL 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL (kit lens)
-Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 APO DG

just a few questions.. as im planning to buy some polarizing lens as i do not have any, what is the quality differnce between branded polarizing filters that cost ~$40 and non-branded which cost ~$20?

can lens hood and polarizing filter be used at the same time? as in can they be mounted on the lens together?

cheers every1 :D

Welcome to Pentaxians' family :)

I guess those more expensive polarizers will produce stronger effect than those cheaper one, but this isn't always true. The best is to check out some reviews and see which one have good effect but not super expensive. Just make sure you are buying a circular polarizer (CP) instead of a linear one (LP).

Yes, you can use the polarizer together w the hood, if it's an original Pentax one or those replacement made in China (which look and work exactly as the originla hood).

Good luck and happy shooting.

welcome welcome :) welcome to pentax family

hey hey thx alot every1 for u warm welcome and tips :D

will be hanging around~ :)

Congrats to your new toy.... Play more with it

If you had dark sith friends trying to turn you to the Dark C Side, and you still chose to join the rebellion, there is hope for the Pentaxian republic! Welcome, young Padawan.
Strong is the pentaxian force in you. :)
Personally I don't find Polarizers particularly useful but if you do want to take landscapes in bright sunlight, I guess it does not harm to have one. :)

I find that some polarising filters have a fairly strong colour cast/hue, which bothers me. Usually you can only tell after you shoot some pictures with them, not just by looking at the filters themselves. And well, they tend to be the cheaper ones. :) At least that's my experience.