New pentax k-x or used k10d

HEki

Jan 15, 2006
Hi,

i already own a istDs with 16-45, 18-55, 105/2.8 sigma, ... and my cousing broke my camera somehow ... i dont know what he did, but when i turn on the camera and i go into the menu it looks like the down button is stuck and it keeps scrolling. when i turn the button on the camera to select the program (av, tv, sport, ...) it doesnt even change ... its always in portrait mode ... well enought about this ..

so i will buy a new thing now. here in EU the price for a new k-x kit is around 550€ ... and for 100€ more i can get used k10d with:
Pentax 18-55mm, 3.5-5.6 (kit)
Sigma 28-105mm, 3.8-5.6
Promaster 70-300mm, 4-5.6 macro 1:2
Flash Sigma EF-500 DG SUPER + original bounce reflektor
2nd battery
Original Body Grip, BG-2
2x 2gb in 1gb SanDisk SD kartice
Makro adapter manual

is new toy worth all that, couse i get a lot of toys for 100€ more ...

p.s. i need new flash too!

You are not in Singapore?

Anyway, if you want a better performing camera, get the Kx. If you want a beter handling camera, get the K10D.

Get the K-x. I miss the ergonomics of the K10 and its IQ on low ISO but I will take the K-x for the sensor.

I have no experience with the Sigma flash though so I can't comment on it.

You are not in Singapore?

Anyway, if you want a better performing camera, get the Kx. If you want a beter handling camera, get the K10D.

As someone with smallish hands I prefer the handling of the K-x. The control system is not as good, but it's not bad.

well i have big hands and i saw that k-x doesnt have a battery grip ... thats a big disadvantage ...
and i would be still happy with my istDs ... so with all the gear i get with used k10d ill think
ill go with that ...