new patches for SAF uniforms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liew.. olive green?! Like my coverall the name tag. =^( And it's more expensive somemore (because the auntie says it's more "special"). That's why u see some people the coveralls the name tag is camo. :D Now No.4 also use olive green. WTF.. So many things to mod/add i think those golden mile/beach road tailors all like strike lotto siah...

just imagine the amount of $ they make... and imagine how many soldiers are affected by the changes.

NSmen, reservicemen, etc etc etc.... that is alot of $ i would say. its more like everyone working at beach road looking forward to their well awaited "bonus"

Ok... it confirmed the name tag becomes olive green too :sweat:

Oh well.... ord is coming soon plus it's MR for me str8 most likely :bsmilie:

I believe that it has to do with the close relationship that the Singapore army has with the US Marines .

Another reason is that for international mission where some of the army also uses the same SAF pattern, ERDL, for example countries like Thailand and Pakistan.

HTH.

So has anyone sewed the name tag revision on to your uniform yet? Less than 100 working days for me :thumbsup:

hirowen said:
Add some more patches then the no.4 will lose it camoflourge capability liao le worz :D

haha well its true..
but seriously sg still got forest left for you to hide in meh?
enemy come attack forest for wat? everything in orchard.
and the way ppl bash in forest lol dun need to see can hear where they are already..

haha..i think the sg patch is just to let ppl know u r frm sg when you are at other country doing official duty..but why they must make it for everyone to sew instead of those who doing foreign duties only... some more they only giv me 3 patches where i got 5 no.4....haha...still must go down beach rd buy cuz my camp emart nvr even sell... sign..

hirowen said:
haha..i think the sg patch is just to let ppl know u r frm sg when you are at other country doing official duty..but why they must make it for everyone to sew instead of those who doing foreign duties only... some more they only giv me 3 patches where i got 5 no.4....haha...still must go down beach rd buy cuz my camp emart nvr even sell... sign..

3 patches n 5 uniform................... tell the RSM that cuz the CQ nv issue enough, so only 3 of your 5 uniform will have the patch. So, he cannot give u extras when he catchs you without the patch. He cant make u go buy additional patches directly anyway ;p
The patch thingy is fine lah. I used to have my unit crest velcroed onto my SOB. After i ORDed, the crest patch is sticked to some forgotten place on my SOB. But i wonder lah, what happen to NSFs who hold logistics vocation. During NS, they are in Armoured, than in reservist, they are assigned to Infantry. They need to change their patches again? Troublesome :bsmilie:

Ren_Hao said:
3 patches n 5 uniform................... tell the RSM that cuz the CQ nv issue enough, so only 3 of your 5 uniform will have the patch. So, he cannot give u extras when he catchs you without the patch. He cant make u go buy additional patches directly anyway ;p
The patch thingy is fine lah. I used to have my unit crest velcroed onto my SOB. After i ORDed, the crest patch is sticked to some forgotten place on my SOB. But i wonder lah, what happen to NSFs who hold logistics vocation. During NS, they are in Armoured, than in reservist, they are assigned to Infantry. They need to change their patches again? Troublesome :bsmilie:
SOB?!

slaam said:
haha well its true..
but seriously sg still got forest left for you to hide in meh?
enemy come attack forest for wat? everything in orchard.
and the way ppl bash in forest lol dun need to see can hear where they are already..
:think: were you in any combat vocations while in NS? :think:

No one ever told you where our frontline is?

yanyewkay said:

Ops, mean the SBO :p, during the days when it was still the "bra". Think now, some use the "vest" type SBO.
The patch was more for parade purpose lah, so, during up, suppose to remove lah.

bigfatfish said:
whats the rationale behind these patches? anyone knows?

its pretty silly to have so much information on the uniform. why not also sew what we had for breakfast or lunch on the uniform. Lets hope the reservebits dont need man.

Allow me to explain. This issue with identity came about during Ops Flying Eagle. Over in Aceh, SAF personnel were identified by their LACK of identification on the No. 4.

So, to give us some identity, the policy makers decided to add on the country tag, arms badge, formation badge, and all that jazz.

Enforcement date is currently 1 Jul 06. All the necessary badges should be available at your local E-Mart for credit purchase in the near future.

As for the Singapore tag the entitlement is 5 for NSFs and 3 for Regulars and NSMen I think.

yah, drakon09 is correct... my PS was in OFE and he was telling me that no one knew which country they were from without wearing the Singapore flag shoulder patch.

But I must agree... it looks damn fugly... what with formation patch and unit patch, now we machiam NCC liao...

The extra patches heavier also. Wait cannot clear low wall. :sweatsm:

Yah lor... also make it easier to get nipple abrasion, shoulder abrasion, armpit abrasion...:bigeyes:

justarius said:
yah, drakon09 is correct... my PS was in OFE and he was telling me that no one knew which country they were from without wearing the Singapore flag shoulder patch.

But I must agree... it looks damn fugly... what with formation patch and unit patch, now we machiam NCC liao...

ncc very little no.4 badges la.. they wear those shiny tingling thingy on their no.4s. those gt no.4 badges are like BDC and BAC onli..

more patches! more more! i wanna look like a boy scout or boys brigade!! more!!!

if you guys haven't heard this story from 'close ties' with the u.s. marines

Few years back, in a certain SIR, (big hint: near gombak ;p ) the US Marines was hosted there for some friendly exchange. During one of the times when our SAF platoon was falling in, the marines was looking from the upper floors and one shouted down.."hahaha look at that. what are those? BOY SCOUTS?!" and they all started laughing loudly. Being the disciplined SAF soldiers and good hosts, there's nothing the platoon can do.

I guess someone must have heard it and said "yeah.. why not we make them as the marines suggested and put more patches on them!" :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.