New Paper Bidding Contest (starts 27 Apr 2009)

New Paper Bidding contest - bid for charity under CLUBSNAP. U interested?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smalltake

Oct 10, 2006
Up North......
Just saw it in the New Paper, they just started today. You buy a copy of NP and they have the TNP dollars, u cut and keep all these then bid for something you. I was thinking if we can collate all these from all bros/siss here in Clubsnap, bid for something nice and give it away to charity under CLUBSNAP. Would any of you be interested to participate? Tot this would be a unique way of doing something collectively for charity.

The moderators can decide on which charity group to give, preferably an old folks home or orphanage like the Salvation Army. I would be glad to chip in, cheers! :D

Just saw it in the New Paper, they just started today. You buy a copy of NP and they have the TNP dollars, u cut and keep all these then bid for something you. I was thinking if we can collate all these from all bros/siss here in Clubsnap, bid for something nice and give it away to charity under CLUBSNAP. Would any of you be interested to participate? Tot this would be a unique way of doing something collectively for charity.

The moderators can decide on which charity group to give, preferably an old folks home or orphanage like the Salvation Army. I would be glad to chip in, cheers! :D

Garang Guni happy liao... :bsmilie:

Just a suggestion loh..... but looks like not so popular here......

Well, TNP i think i last touched a copy is during secondary when a fren bought a copy... i've never bought a single copy before...

same here...

the last i buy was during ite times...

I call this my Toilet Paper... bec i only read this in the toilet. Small enough to handle.... hehehee........ and i use real toilet paper hor!! :bsmilie:

i feel that TNP is more of a tabloid than a newspaper. Its lost its credibility already. So i just read straits times.

Wah this new paper dollars thing is so old school. I recall when many many many years ago they had this same thing, and I was happily collecting them for fun :p

If you want to donate to charity, do it directly in cash.
There's no need to go in circles and benefit a tabloid that takes every chance to snipe at photographers. :thumbsd:

There's no need to go in circles and benefit a tabloid that takes every chance to snipe at photographers. :thumbsd:
do u think the journalists got nothing better to report? it's because some photographers do funny stuff during shoots/online,etc, that the papers turn their attention to such incidents.

There is no clear indication whethere companies/societies like clubsnap (depending on what form clubsnap was registered with the registry of societies) can even take part in this?

Also this type of thing is usually like gambling. You need a lot of luck and a lot of newsvendor connections. Based on past experiences, items are usually over bidded and over priced with only one quantity per item, you might need more than a million dollars in tnp dollars which is what happened in the past.

Also note that you have to sms your bid which costs $0.20 for every sms. Therefor even if clubsnap were allowed to take part in this, clubsnap would need to register a handphone in clubsnap name. However, if I remember correctly, there is a holding company that owns clubsnap?

It would be more sensible to donate your time in doing social work instead of this type of "bidding" which might not provide any results and are highly liable to sudden changes (like people voting for their fravourite stars at the star awards ceremony.)

It would also be more cheaper buying certain items instead of buying hundreds of new paper in the hope you might strike a prize.

If its so difficult to contribute if you are buying NP, you think people will contribute in cash? Please read my post, this donation will be under Clubsnap, not under my name and any charity organisation I dictate. I dun expect myself to buy extra copy of NP or any bro/sis here to do so, just that if you are reading NP regularly, to donate the "$$$". :dunno:

I find the poll options rather leading and biased. There is no option for people who do read the new paper but are not interested in participating in this so called event. I'm one of them as I do not agree with this concept.

Last edited:
do u think the journalists got nothing better to report? it's because some photographers do funny stuff during shoots/online,etc, that the papers turn their attention to such incidents.
What funny stuff are you referring to?

If its so difficult to contribute if you are buying NP, you think people will contribute in cash? Please read my post, this donation will be under Clubsnap, not under my name and any charity organisation I dictate. I dun expect myself to buy extra copy of NP or any bro/sis here to do so, just that if you are reading NP regularly, to donate the "$$$". :dunno:
I don't buy TNP which I consider full of rubbish but I do donate to charities but only directly so they get the full benefit and never through such roundabout schemes. What you are doing is to ask us to support TNP's publicity gimmick.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.