New Papaer Photographer Restrained by Security during the Jordanian Soccer Match

Status
Not open for further replies.

billpepsi

Jan 2, 2005
The 3rd Rock
Source: http://www.asiaone.com/News/The+New+Paper/Story/A1Story20090129-117960.html

THE MAIN INCIDENT

THE match was over and the teams were trooping into the dressing room.

Suddenly Kelvin Chng heard cries of "police, police" and the natural instinct of a newspaper photographer kicked in.

Chng rushed to the scene and started snapping before he was unceremoniously shoved against the wall outside the corridor of the dressing rooms by three burly security guards - one from E.S.S.

security and two from Cisco - both hired by the Football Association of Singapore.

"My hand hit the wall and my camera was jammed," said Chng. The bespectacled man from E.S.S. security held Chng against the wall until everyone was cleared.

Chng wanted to know why he was being restrained. "Go out! Go out! You're not allowed to take pictures here!" they shouted at him.

SECONDINCIDENT

"NO PHOTOGRAPHS!" said the Jordanian official as Chng was taking pictures with another photographer of the Jordan players and officials going up the bus.

The two of them were pushed and chased away.

The picture of the security officer you see on the right, with a raised hand, shows that.

"They are just acting upon orders," was what one of the security company's supervisor told Chng and ushered him back to the mixed media zone.

FINAL INCIDENT

AS the Singapore players and officials got onto their team bus Chng was attempting to leave the mixed zone area and out into the public carpark.

He was chased back into the stadium aggressively.

"I just want to go out," Chng pleaded. "No! This is our area.

You stand back!" came the stern reply.

Chng said: "It was absurd. He even accused me of having hit him on the head with my camera!?"

Another security officer from E.S.S then apologised on his colleague's behalf, intervened and let Chng and The New Paper team out.

on video? :)

just a thought, if managed to capture the whole series of event on video and then straight away upload to youtube as an amateur video clearly showing who did what and when...any problems? or would it make sense to advertise having the footage and will grant exclusive rights to highest bidder?

Last edited:
Source: http://www.asiaone.com/News/The+New+Paper/Story/A1Story20090129-117960.html

THE MAIN INCIDENT

THE match was over and the teams were trooping into the dressing room.

Suddenly Kelvin Chng heard cries of "police, police" and the natural instinct of a newspaper photographer kicked in.

Chng rushed to the scene and started snapping before he was unceremoniously shoved against the wall outside the corridor of the dressing rooms by three burly security guards - one from E.S.S.

security and two from Cisco - both hired by the Football Association of Singapore.

"My hand hit the wall and my camera was jammed," said Chng. The bespectacled man from E.S.S. security held Chng against the wall until everyone was cleared.

Chng wanted to know why he was being restrained. "Go out! Go out! You're not allowed to take pictures here!" they shouted at him.

SECONDINCIDENT

"NO PHOTOGRAPHS!" said the Jordanian official as Chng was taking pictures with another photographer of the Jordan players and officials going up the bus.

The two of them were pushed and chased away.

The picture of the security officer you see on the right, with a raised hand, shows that.

"They are just acting upon orders," was what one of the security company's supervisor told Chng and ushered him back to the mixed media zone.

FINAL INCIDENT

AS the Singapore players and officials got onto their team bus Chng was attempting to leave the mixed zone area and out into the public carpark.

He was chased back into the stadium aggressively.

"I just want to go out," Chng pleaded. "No! This is our area.

You stand back!" came the stern reply.

Chng said: "It was absurd. He even accused me of having hit him on the head with my camera!?"

Another security officer from E.S.S then apologised on his colleague's behalf, intervened and let Chng and The New Paper team out.

mmmm.....seems like the security team are not aware of their legal boundaries here? :nono:

Looks like one needs security guards to protect yourself against security guards?

Status
Not open for further replies.