New OS cometh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightpiper

Oct 20, 2003
hi all, like to let loose some launching news on the forth coming new OS for both mac & wintel platform.

the mac Tiger OS:
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=22272

the Windows XP64
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=22246

i m not sure if the mac Tiger is 64 bit ready but my impression is that it isn't yet. maybe OS XI will be 64 to tap full potential of 64bits? thats probably going to wait till all emacs, imacs & books become 'G5 inside'. ;p its sooner then u think... :devil:

Hi..
thank you for the update!
Yappy

Big Kahuna said:
Sigh...means another round of system upgrade :sweat:

My advice is don't jump into so soon, :nono:
Wait for it to stablise, why?.. first cut usually very buggy... secondly not many software if any supports or makes use of 64 bits yet... better to hold a while

LeeDan said:
My advice is don't jump into so soon, :nono:
Wait for it to stablise, why?.. first cut usually very buggy... secondly not many software if any supports or makes use of 64 bits yet... better to hold a while

Well, in a war, there must be some brave one to cheong first...so call the hero :lovegrin:

Big Kahuna said:
Sigh...means another round of system upgrade :sweat:

For PC maybe, but recently, with each round of OS releases by MAC, the computer runs faster with the present setup.

rueyloon said:
For PC maybe, but recently, with each round of OS releases by MAC, the computer runs faster with the present setup.

my office G4 runs slower under OS X, was zippy under OS 9 (same present setup). how come huh? maybe the Tiger will change that? :sticktong

nightpiper said:
my office G4 runs slower under OS X, was zippy under OS 9 (same present setup). how come huh? maybe the Tiger will change that? :sticktong

of course, osx required more resorces compared to os9, what I meant was comparism with the recent OSX releases.

10.1, 10.2, 10.3, 10.4 etc etc....... with each release, the GUI is becoming faster and faster, of course, that could be because the first one was not as optimized yet etc......

Big Kahuna said:
Well, in a war, there must be some brave one to cheong first...so call the hero :lovegrin:
Remember the phrase - 'Hero die first'?

:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.