New Orchard Road!

Status
Not open for further replies.

melvin

Jun 4, 2005
TPY
Orchard Road to undergo S$40m rejuvenation: STB
By Lynda Hong, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 29 October 2007 1051 hrs

SINGAPORE : Orchard Road is set to undergo a S$40 million rejuvenation.

Enhancement works will start late February next year and are slated to be completed in April 2009.

The Singapore Tourism Board says the 14-month construction project will include the closure of the extreme right lane in front of Wisma Atria.

This is to create a wider pedestrian walkway to reduce overcrowding during major events like Chingay.

The entire Orchard Road belt will also be divided into three zones with three themes - flower, forest and fruit, reflecting the history of the area.

"Orchard Road is synonymous with shopping in Singapore...for Orchard Road to become an even more compelling lifestyle hub, we need to invest in both its infrastructure and services," said Margaret Teo, assistant chief executive for leisure at the tourism body.

"These infrastructural improvements will also open up many more entertainment and outdoor spaces for events and activities to create a more vibrant streetscape, thus enhancing the lifestyle experience on Orchard Road." - CNA/ch

Wah lim peh eh tax money :cry: :cry: :cry:

Closing the extreme right lane outside wisma? Isn't that going to cause a major bottle neck for cars trying to enter into Orchard Road?

Closing the extreme right lane outside wisma? Isn't that going to cause a major bottle neck for cars trying to enter into Orchard Road?
Alternatively take the train or sell the car.

how much is the gantry price into orchard now?

dunno... but if the traffic situation worsens because of the lane closure... i bet the ERP price into Orchard will increase. i guess Orchard Rd is like a cash cow.

Anyhow those driving pass Orchard nowaday will know what the feeling like.....guarantee at least two gantry to squeeze you dry :confused: Will the new change improve the road condition? It's either the driver or the pedestrian gets compromise....we will see :sweat:

Who goes to Orchard Rd for flowers, forest or fruit?

If my memory serves me well, Orchard road has been transforming for the past 20++ years non-stop.

Before we can start to enjoy the heritage, it's replaced with another...

btw, just heard from the news that Gantry fees are up again by at least 50cents...:thumbsup: They should make it $10 everytime a vehicle goes through,...mmm...maybe make it $50 la...I like to see some more golden taps stories...

Maybe time for me to go back China....:angel:

btw, just heard from the news that Gantry fees are up again by at least 50cents...:thumbsup: They should make it $10 everytime a vehicle goes through,...mmm...maybe make it $50 la...I like to see some more golden taps stories...

Maybe time for me to go back China....:angel:

Change until I paranoid.....last saturday......I backside itchy went in from Penang road heading to Chijms....straight away kena 2 gantries with less than 100m distance...and....beep beep...beep beep.....$4 gone :sweat:

Our very own version of 满城尽带黄金甲

hi, i guess it is just another opportunity create for construction industry..

dun u realise Terminal 3 is completed liao ? need new projects to keep things going..

now at hand is NE line, IR projects, Formula One..

orchard rd is for tourist only. dun affect much.

hi, i guess it is just another opportunity create for construction industry..

dun u realise Terminal 3 is completed liao ? need new projects to keep things going..

now at hand is NE line, IR projects, Formula One..

govt spending on plants is so completely boring, orchard is green enough..having gantry means lesser cars, dont need more plants to oxidise the area so much..waste our money..

dont need more plants to oxidise the area so much..waste our money..
Plants as a result overall don't oxidise, but they produce oxygen......

Anyway, this is an example how to be creative in Singapore! :) expect the gantry price to go up once they finish......

HS

Plants as a result overall don't oxidise, but they produce oxygen......

Anyway, this is an example how to be creative in Singapore! :) expect the gantry price to go up once they finish......

HS

haha yes i dont mean oxidise that way..was saying oxidising our air..got more O2 :p

ah ha, and gantry fees to pay to maintain the plants..

Status
Not open for further replies.