NEW!! Olympus flash FL-20 !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool looking but I guess it is for really short range and portability...

Originally posted by ivor
Cool looking but I guess it is for really short range and portability...

Come on !! If it covers 10 meters distance , its just Fantastic .. :thumbsup:

No one ,as amateur user, needs the FL-40 monster .

Sorry, but from where did it mention that its cover 10m...??

Otherwise, the FL-40 monstor would still be the choice of any amateur.

Originally posted by syncmaster

Come on !! If it covers 10 meters distance , its just Fantastic .. :thumbsup:

No one ,as amateur user, needs the FL-40 monster .

Anyone had any idea abt the FL-20 estimate retail costs?
Will it be downward compatible with older or present oly models??
Time to set some budget aside..

from the looks of the flash (the one in Let's Go digital), probably it can reach 5-8m if you use an aperture of F2.8 at ISO100.

Yes , by the only way that we can see this news , is only the estimation side .
The product is hot ( Fresh) and still its not properly presented .

My estimations is that the price would be half than the FL-40 , lets not forget that it is a full TTL flash , but with not the programmable extras ,or the power of the FL-40 .
I do not also forget , that there is nothing with the Olympus logo on it, that comes cheap !!

From the size of it , i think that it needs only 2 NiMh batteries ,and the 8- 10 meters distance looks good for this size of flash .
As about compatibility , i do not have any doubt ,that this flash it will work with the most digital models .
C2100 C700 C720 C730 C740 C750 E100RS E10 E20

I would expect to see also one more light design of the Olympus flash bracket , but hey , this is the last thing that it will bother me . :D

OK i found finaly the specs ;)
As TTL Auto works at :
F2.8 1-7 meters (Tele) or 0.7-4.8 meters( Wide)
F4 0.7-5 meters (tele) or 0.5 - 3.5 ( Wide)

At Manual works at :
ISO 100
1) GN20
2) GN14

Its not that powerfull , but i gues that the price of it , it will be less powerfull than the FL-40 too.

Have a look here ..

ESYS_HANDSON_15_L.JPG

I have the correct guess! ;p

This flash is very similar to the Nikon SB30 but a big stronger:
http://www.nikon.com.sg/PRODUCT/FLASH/Sb30.htm

Hopefully the price will be in the same range or lower :)

One bad thing about such flash is the inability to swivel and tlt which means you can't bounce the flash for more natural lighting.

Wahhh!!!!!!! i dont't care i want that camera man!!!!!!!!!! heheheeh :eek: now i will going to save all my money for this camera ahhhhh!!!!! :D i knew it one of this day they will redesign the E-sires hehehehe

The FL-20 looks fine for the most common shooting needs .
I have notice that the plastic cover of it ,is one diffuser , that it can easily removed .

The effective distance of 7 meters is good , this flash in one extension of the cameras internal flash .
The on board flash can operate for macro to telephoto .
The external flash can operate from Wide to Telephoto .
The law of logic tells as ,that you always need to get the right tool for the right job .

If the job is that big , get the FL-40 .

It may be cheaper... but at the end of the day, if the flash is not strong for general purpose... I don't see the point for getting it...

Hi people , well your nags will not cut down the sales of this flash , yes i like too , to get one super special car for 20$ , but hey this is only a dream ..

hehehe well , one is sure , the range of this flash is good enough for direct use ,swivel or tilt , is good for more powerfull flash lights than that !!

The good point is that with the FL-20 we do have another one alternative option .

Take care all !!

Status
Not open for further replies.