New Olympus C730uz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by aCiDz
Refer to this thread
http://www.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1008&message=3239850 .
  • 3 megapixels
  • 10x zoom
  • macro focus: 3cm
  • external flash support
  • dual xD-Picture/SM storage
  • manual white balance (didn't exist in c720)
  • histogram
  • voice recording

heng ah....... was almost tempted to buy the c720 but never buy. Guess this might be the next camera upgrade for me after the c2100

Originally posted by Xpose

heng ah....... was almost tempted to buy the c720 but never buy. Guess this might be the next camera upgrade for me after the c2100

yeahman.gif

Estimate price?
Launching date?

There seems to have some contradiction at the Olympus talk forum of dpreview.

http://www.digital.idv.tw/spec/dgolympus/C-730/spec-c730.htm

Shutter Speed - 1/1000 to 1/2 sec only?
Aperture - F2.8-3.4

Originally posted by revenant

yeahman.gif

Estimate price?
Launching date?

There seems to have some contradiction at the Olympus talk forum of dpreview.

http://www.digital.idv.tw/spec/dgolympus/C-730/spec-c730.htm

Shutter Speed - 1/1000 to 1/2 sec only?
Aperture - F2.8-3.4

Look further down. Should be up to 8 seconds. ;)

OT, revenant when are you going to buy your digicam? :p

Originally posted by Goondu

Look further down. Should be up to 8 seconds. ;)

OT, revenant when are you going to buy your digicam? :p

Ya, noticed that. Manual mode then 8 seconds. Why they put 1/1000 - 1/2 seconds under shuttter speed? :confused:

When the time is ripe :p

This C730UZ looks promising and there's some contradicting over it. Else it would be a good buy and might consider it. Friend haven't return me money :cry:

Ya, noticed that. Manual mode then 8 seconds. Why they put 1/1000 - 1/2 seconds under shuttter speed? :confused:
that might be for the shutter priority mode, while 8s is only available for manual mode.

Ya loh.....

Got 8 sec is better than nothing already. At least we can hope that this cam can take good night shots. The only thing i am wondering is the pic quality and the noise. Heard from many pple that C720 pic quality is only so so only when compared with c700 and c2100.

Originally posted by MaGixShOe
its weird... all new oly cams no stablizer liao
maybe got prob? or too ex to include it
The IS technology used in the C-2100UZ and E-100RS is a Canon technology, which Olympus had to license for use (in fact, the entire lens on these two camera models is from Canon, and is identical to the one used on the Canon Pro90IS). What I've heard is that Olympus found the licensing to be prohibitively expensive given the selling prices of these cameras, which is also why they are not intending to come up with updated versions of these models at this point in time.

heh even canon is no longer using IS in digicams... think they think it's gimmicky given the higher ISOs and wider Fs.. which are cheaper to make than the IS...

If got no IS technology, then this baby will have to be accompany by a tripod if you are using full optical zoom. This could add some weight to the shoulders:(

Status
Not open for further replies.