New Olympus C-2100UZ Owners Please Note - Hot Pixel Problem.


Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayan

New Member
Jan 18, 2002
1,338
0
0
Hougang, SG
Visit site
#1
Those who recently bought the Oly C-2100uz do urself a favour and do a black frame test to test for hot pixels.

Do the test at all shutter settings below 4 sec at ISO 100 (at longer exposure time and high ISO, there will be noise no matter what u do, so don't bother).

If hot pixels appears in anything lesser than 4 sec (or whichever shutter speed, depending on ur tolerance level), send ur DC in to Oly SG to map out the hot pixels in ur CD...would take abt 1 day only.
 

fusetrips

New Member
Jan 17, 2002
345
0
0
#2
How to map? We show them then they map or they see and map it themselves?
 

Jayan

New Member
Jan 18, 2002
1,338
0
0
Hougang, SG
Visit site
#3
Originally posted by fusetrips
How to map? We show them then they map or they see and map it themselves?
Bring down to Oly SG, talk to Uncle Goh, ask him to cure the DC of hot pixel and he'll know what to do. ;)
 

fusetrips

New Member
Jan 17, 2002
345
0
0
#4
Jayan,

maybe you are right... all Oly 2100UZ should take a closer look at their DC... Hot pixels is really a problem though...;(
I wondering whether is it only UZI the one facing this problem only?
 

binbeto

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
2,312
0
0
43
Behind a lens
www.pbase.com
#5
Originally posted by Jayan


Bring down to Oly SG, talk to Uncle Goh, ask him to cure the DC of hot pixel and he'll know what to do. ;)
Is it any Oly camera can go down and do this mappig? Warranty need to bring? Need to make appt?

Regards.
 

fusetrips

New Member
Jan 17, 2002
345
0
0
#6
Originally posted by binbeto
Is it any Oly camera can go down and do this mappig? Warranty need to bring? Need to make appt?

Regards.
Binbeto, you using Olympus DC also?
 

Kevin

New Member
Jan 18, 2002
897
0
0
North West
Visit site
#8
Originally posted by binbeto


Bought a 3040 from someone. have hot pix under at 1/2 sec using the hotpixel test application.

Dun know what to do.
Is it still under warranty?
 

Kevin

New Member
Jan 18, 2002
897
0
0
North West
Visit site
#10
Originally posted by binbeto


Yes. still under warranty...
Then can go to Oly Office to map out the hot pixel. You must bring the receipt and the warranty card. By the way, Oly doesn't care whether your warranty card is filled up or not. The only thing they care is the serial no. on the warranty card match the DC. Ask for Mr Goh when you are at Oly office. If he is not in can ask for his assistance (I forgot the name).;)
 

Jayan

New Member
Jan 18, 2002
1,338
0
0
Hougang, SG
Visit site
#11
Originally posted by fusetrips
Jayan,

maybe you are right... all Oly 2100UZ should take a closer look at their DC... Hot pixels is really a problem though...;(
I wondering whether is it only UZI the one facing this problem only?
After the mapping I still got 1 tiny cluster of 4 hot pixels that start to become obvious at 2 sec (very dim), become obious at 4 sec, right up to 16 sec on a cool DC.....bright green one....yucks...must run one more time to Oly Sg again. ;(

Maybe I'm just very the meaow!!! :D
 

binbeto

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
2,312
0
0
43
Behind a lens
www.pbase.com
#12
Originally posted by Kevin
Then can go to Oly Office to map out the hot pixel. You must bring the receipt and the warranty card. By the way, Oly doesn't care whether your warranty card is filled up or not. The only thing they care is the serial no. on the warranty card match the DC. Ask for Mr Goh when you are at Oly office. If he is not in can ask for his assistance (I forgot the name).;)
Have to go to science park II? or what is their address?
 

Jayan

New Member
Jan 18, 2002
1,338
0
0
Hougang, SG
Visit site
#13
Originally posted by binbeto


Have to go to science park II? or what is their address?
Go to Valley Point along River Valley Rd lah! Unit #13-04.

Can call 1800-OLYMPUS if u can't find the place.
 

fusetrips

New Member
Jan 17, 2002
345
0
0
#14
How come everyone going to the service centre with their DCs?:eek:
 

Jayan

New Member
Jan 18, 2002
1,338
0
0
Hougang, SG
Visit site
#15
Originally posted by fusetrips
How come everyone going to the service centre with their DCs?:eek:
Cos lotsa ppl got hot pixels mah!

Actually if u don't tell them they'll think that their DC is ok.

Cos most hot pixels do not show up in exposures until longer than 1/2 sec.
 

Jayan

New Member
Jan 18, 2002
1,338
0
0
Hougang, SG
Visit site
#16
Originally posted by Jayan


Cos lotsa ppl got hot pixels mah!

Actually if u don't tell them they'll think that their DC is ok.

Cos most hot pixels do not show up in exposures until longer than 1/2 sec.
Cos also some ppl see got a few hot pixels at 16 sec exposure feel buay song mah! (like me.....:p)
 

fusetrips

New Member
Jan 17, 2002
345
0
0
#17
Originally posted by Jayan
Cos lotsa ppl got hot pixels mah!

Actually if u don't tell them they'll think that their DC is ok.

Cos most hot pixels do not show up in exposures until longer than 1/2 sec.
Jayan, frankly speaking I am beginning to doubt Oly now.. I mean how come only Oly users facing this problems like we do now.. while other brands one still ok?

Frankly speaking a dead pixel is a dead pixel... I hope someone can understand how I am feeling now.:(
 

Jayan

New Member
Jan 18, 2002
1,338
0
0
Hougang, SG
Visit site
#18
Originally posted by fusetrips


Jayan, frankly speaking I am beginning to doubt Oly now.. I mean how come only Oly users facing this problems like we do now.. while other brands one still ok?

Frankly speaking a dead pixel is a dead pixel... I hope someone can understand how I am feeling now.:(
Actually other DC also got hot pixels......just that some DC like Oly C-4040z or Canon G2 has noise reduction built-in while most point-n-shoots do not have long enuff shutter speed to let 'em develop hot pixels.

Hot pixels gets brighter/worse with longer exposure...while dead/stuck pixels are there no matter at what speed. Got diff ok?!?!
 

mpenza

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
12,938
0
0
Singapore
www.instagram.com
#19
Originally posted by fusetrips

Jayan, frankly speaking I am beginning to doubt Oly now.. I mean how come only Oly users facing this problems like we do now.. while other brands one still ok?
Nikon Coolpix 775 and 885 users seems to have much more problems with hot pixels and dead pixels problems....
 

Jayan

New Member
Jan 18, 2002
1,338
0
0
Hougang, SG
Visit site
#20
Originally posted by mpenza


Nikon Coolpix 775 and 885 users seems to have much more problems with hot pixels and dead pixels problems....
See? :p

Anyway, Nikon also map the hot pixels out upon request...if not just act blur.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom