new noob, and i mean NEW-noobie

lmf78

Jul 20, 2009
www.mobinauts.com
hiya all!

got a LX3, stock, no lens no nothing and looking at getting a telephoto len for better zoom, was wondering which to get and also looking at polarized len or hopefully lens for better outdoor shoots, also hope to pick up some pointers from sifus here! :)

Welcome to CS:)

hiya all!

got a LX3, stock, no lens no nothing and looking at getting a telephoto len for better zoom, was wondering which to get and also looking at polarized len or hopefully lens for better outdoor shoots, also hope to pick up some pointers from sifus here! :)

I always thought LX3 has a fixed lens?:dunno:

thnks Treetrunk

i meant to say additional after market lens haha :p

also looking at polarizer lens, love the effect

thnks Treetrunk

i meant to say additional after market lens haha :p

also looking at polarizer lens, love the effect

There's no "polarizing lens". It's called a circular polarizer filter. You would need to buy the aftermarket filter adaptors or additional zoom converters from Panasonic; I'm not sure if the Raynox ones will fit.

thnk all!

where locally wld be the best place to get a polarizer and UV filter suitable for the LX3?

thnk all!

where locally wld be the best place to get a polarizer and UV filter suitable for the LX3?

You would first need to buy the adapter that allows you to mount the filters. And you don't need a UV filter.

go to the usual shops, like MS Color, Cathay, John 3:16 and ask.

Welcome to CS. Gd luck in ur find for that tele :)

Warm welcome to you ..

thnk everyone will be getting an adapter from a member here and will scout out the filter, thnk you. :)