new Nokia touch screen handphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreaming

Oct 22, 2006
Damn, wonder why no cellphone manufacturer want to release their latest product in SG? as well as the recently apple iphone.

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/rtrs/20081003/tbs-nokia-asia-7318940.html

the world's top mobile phone maker, said it will start sales of its first touch-screen model -- rival to Apple's <AAPL.O> iPhone -- in seven markets. t will roll out the 5800 model this year in India, Indonesia, United Arab Emirates, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Russia and Spain

is it blocked ?

http://technokia.com/nokia-tube-5800-specifications/11/04/2008/

maybe the local big boys wanna give it the same treatment as they did for the iphone... exclusive. Bah. :thumbsd:

Officially the phone only goes on sale in Feb. Nokia Spore said not in time to put in service provider's content. (Oh, i've always hated those service provider's content, those awful screen savers & the line there showing wat line you are on have their logo which you simply can't erase it off. I usually reload the firmware again to rid all of these so call 'service provider's content.)

The Nokia 5800XM have been selling since mid Nov in some shops. They sell as export sets w/o warrranty. Different shops sells different export sets... I got one that has chinese language (which is important to me), it is a HK set... I saw some in Sim Lim Sq is not. I am not sure if theirs have chinese language. If they are India, Indonesia, UAE, Russia or Spain set then won't have chinese language i guess...

I find the touch screen to be the best among the many. Tactile feedback tat is a small vibration can be adjusted in 3 levels or off. It is very thoughtful.

Screen is a true marvel. 3.2" (diagonal), 16:9 aspect ratio, 16 million colors, 640x360-pixel resolution (39x69 mm). It is smaller than iPhone's 3.5" screen but packs 50% more resolution (iPhone's 320x480 pixel resolution). It is also 20% brighter.

Only the HTC Touch HD wif it's 3.8", 480x800 pixel resolution is better. However, it doesn't compare quite favourably to the Nokia 5800XM, since it'll retail for abt thrice as much.

On the other hand, both (Apple iPhone & Nokia 5800XM) do much better than handsets armed with 2.0"-2.6" QVGA screens. They dun even close.

Last edited:
I've read in another forum where there was one member stated that touch screens will lose its sensitivity after a period of use.

Is this true?

TIA for replies.

if you all can wait, check out the upcoming G Phone. :bsmilie:

I've read in another forum where there was one member stated that touch screens will lose its sensitivity after a period of use.

Is this true?

TIA for replies.

don't think it will suffer from wear and tear.

i don't want to use touch screen because I have oily fingers....

Status
Not open for further replies.